• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Sri Lanka 2010

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, just noticed Murali's playing. Pretty much SL's first choice attack it seems, Malinga, Kulasekera, Mathews, Murali, Mendis.

Barath WAG.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Has been a shocking selection IMO. No Perera, who has been SL's best seamer and in form one. Missing Randiv is bleeding obvious. Not having Vaas also showing. Mendis is gone.

BTW good innings from Barath.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Good counter attack from SL, and Malinga takes 3 wickets in power play getting Barath, Sarwan and Pollard.

245 is a good score, but WI needs to bowl well.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's funny how they postponed the series the day before the rains stopped, and then restarted the same week the rain came back...

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
With the La Nina in full cry, there's huge question mark over weather at Colombo. Hambantota won't be much affected because it's in the semi-arid zone of the island. SLC might have to keep Dambulla ready, just in case it becomes ugly.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Gayle
Barath
Sarwan
Darren Bravo
Chanderpaul
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Baugh
Sammy
Ben/Miller
Roach

Strong team that, atleast on paper.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Pollard's direness in WIndian outfits is inexplicable really. Should allow him to wear the Saust/Mumbai jersey tbh.

Himannv

International Coach
I hope the Sri Lankan selectors have learned something at least (I seriously doubt it though). Straight up you have picked the wrong attack for the world cup. Bad selection has cost us the world cup and its ridiculous. We finally had a really good advantage and now I'm thinking second runner up will be an absolutely world beating astounding achievement and has been won beyond galaxies and solar systems. Go third best team!!!

What is far worse by an immensely large margin is that the BBQ I planned on Wednesday is under jeopardy.

Considering the absolutely ridiculous, mediocre choices made by the selectors, a monkey with a dart gun would do much much better. Losers.

Last edited:

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
I would have Pollard come in at # 3 for 2 reasons. So far he's mostly come in to bat with few overs and expected to start hitting boundaries. I think he is a talent who has the ability to be very destructive in ODI like Gayle. Secondly if one of the openers fall he can still try to take advantage of the opening powerplay. This is the best Batting line up WI have ad in years mainly due young talents like Barath, Bravo and Pollard, also WI have more ODI all rounders than any other team: Bravo, Sammy, Pollard, even Gayle can bowl some offies. Best Windies ODi line up for me:

1.Barath
2.Gayle
3.Pollard
4.Darren Bravo
5.Sarwan
6.Chanders
7.Dwyane bravo
8.Baugh
9.Benn
10.Jerome Taylor (please get fit soon)
11.Roach

Last edited:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
I don't think he is much of an ODI player - poor man's Afridi.
Nah, he's much more consistent than afridi and scores consistentently in big bash etc. He should surely be able to translate that form into the odis? I mean atleast slogging in the batting pps,

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pollard's direness in WIndian outfits is inexplicable really. Should allow him to wear the Saust/Mumbai jersey tbh.
You don't get to play Malinga, Kulasekara and Muralitharan in the same team when you play big bash or IPL. Clearly the bowling quality is much higher in ODIs. I can remember a similar player called Ricardo Powell. Smoked the best pacers in the game but flopped and destroyed by the spinners (mainly Murali and Hogg IIRC).

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
SL's selection policy has been dire. First they showed their idiocy by picking Crapoogedara, Herath and Mendis in the squad and by leaving out Chandimal, Vaas and Randiv. Now they left out the mosy successful SL bowler in last six months in the opening match. SL were lucky because Gayle got out early and then Maliga produced a dream spell. Won't get out so easily against better sides.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
You don't get to play Malinga, Kulasekara and Muralitharan in the same team when you play big bash or IPL. Clearly the bowling quality is much higher in ODIs. I can remember a similar player called Ricardo Powell. Smoked the best pacers in the game but flopped and destroyed by the spinners (mainly Murali and Hogg IIRC).
AWTA, though he's equally dire against any team tbh.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
SL's selection policy has been dire. First they showed their idiocy by picking Crapoogedara, Herath and Mendis in the squad and by leaving out Chandimal, Vaas and Randiv. Now they left out the mosy successful SL bowler in last six months in the opening match. SL were lucky because Gayle got out early and then Maliga produced a dream spell. Won't get out so easily against better sides.
Does Sanga back Crappu? Dire tbh, how in ****ing hell he gets to play despite all those utter **** performances?

Hell, Johan Mubarak>Crappu