• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lololololol 7 off a philander delivery. It's a great day. Props to Steyn trying to ensure Philander's average balloons up over Steyn's, where it belongs.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Was Harmer run out?
sorry it was philander. More importantly is that you in your avatar? :D:laugh:

Be interesting if the Windies actually bat sensibly and not throw away their starts. Hoping they can set a target of about 300, could be a nice tricky chase even though I'd back SA to win it.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Holy **** Devon Smith you spud.

Come on Windies, really want you guys to do well! Pleased for Morne though, deserves a wicket after all that luckless bowling in his first innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Brathwaite just made a decent off spinner ball look unplayable
The pitch is becoming a bit difficult to bat on now. The off spinner was getting great purchase off the wicket, and so is Morkel right now. It isn't easy to play when the ball starts to rip off the surface, even when it is not turning immensely.

SeamUp

International Coach
2 spinners for Bangladesh & India in our next two test series. No problem if it is 2 offies - up you come Harmer & Piedt.

When you actually see South African spinners turn a ball with some kind of accuracy and guile. It has been too long. :D

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I really don't know what to think about the game right now. On one hand it's brilliant that we've gotten through the new ball and have virtually wiped off the deficit with only two wickets down. The problem is the hard work really starts now and Johnson and Samuels are gonna have to start again tomorrow. Two quick wickets will put us right on the backfoot. Really glad Holder has impressed some of you guys...the potential that kid has is huge. Want to see him add a yard more pace to his game and then he should be a firm fixture in our attack for years to come. The way he got Amla is not the first time he's done that...he done it to Williamson in NZ too!!..he just has that ability to bowl unplayable balls. Also happy for Johnson..coming in at three isn't his natural position but he's dug in and has gotten some very good starts here..

If we can somehow bat out most of the 4th day and set SA somewhere near 300 on the 5th then we'll have a chance but i'm just not sure Benn and Taylor are in good enough form to help win us the game tbh...they are the reason why we're struggling to bowl SA out cheaply. Put Roach and Narine in their positions and i'd be very confident.

Blocky

Banned
I'm actually happy that Windies have shown some fight with a b squad here. If the board could sort their **** out and unite the players, the Windies would be back to being a competitive force in my view.

1. Braithwaite
2. Gayle
3. Darren Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Chanderpaul
6. Dwayne Bravo
7. Ramdin
8. Holder
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Narine

I think that side would be competitive against pretty much any nation other than RSA.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I'm actually happy that Windies have shown some fight with a b squad here. If the board could sort their **** out and unite the players, the Windies would be back to being a competitive force in my view.

1. Braithwaite
2. Gayle
3. Darren Bravo
4. Samuels
5. Chanderpaul
6. Dwayne Bravo
7. Ramdin
8. Holder
9. Taylor
10. Roach
11. Narine

I think that side would be competitive against pretty much any nation other than RSA.
Dwayne won't be playing for the test side again Blocky!!...Taylor will be lucky to survive too if he doesn't get his act together when we bowl again.

Blackwood is current averaging in the 40s and Johnson is doing well so it looks like we might stick with this young batting order and hopefully allow them to develop.

What is needed is to find a new opening partner for Brathwaite (Gayle won't be around for long) and to find a good partner for Roach...Gabriel is doing ok but some more competition is needed....Roach needs his "Boult" so to speak.

Blocky

Banned
Blackwood/Bravo - either way. I like the idea of Dwayne in the side to perform the same sort of role you've seen Neesham do for NZ - offer some overs while being an aggressive batsman to come in and change the tide of the innings.

Need to convert some of those Basketballers and Sprinters into cricketers again - but with the board being this fractured I can only imagine how terrible grass roots is at the moment.