• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It will be a good day when Steyn averages below Philander. The gap is narrowing quickly..

BTW, Blackwood looks like he could open. I know he doesn't open in first class cricket, but did he ever in Juniors? Blackwood Brathwaite Simmons Bravo could be an exciting top 4.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
With these cracks I'm seeing here, I think this could well be the next random home loss for SA. Taylor could be absolutely deadly if he gets it right in the 4th innings.
This is what i fear as well. 330-340 is a good score. I feel SA have to absolutely pile it on it in the first innings because I don't think we'll be making too many in the second dig.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Really Swingpanzee? I just struggle to see an attack of Taylor, Gabriel, Holder and Benn taking 20 South African wickets. I would love to see SA crumble in the first dig though, all out 229 (or less) and the game gets real interesting.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With these cracks I'm seeing here, I think this could well be the next random home loss for SA. Taylor could be absolutely deadly if he gets it right in the 4th innings.
Would be awesome if the West Indies somehow drew with South Africa.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
Really Swingpanzee? I just struggle to see an attack of Taylor, Gabriel, Holder and Benn taking 20 South African wickets. I would love to see SA crumble in the first dig though, all out 229 (or less) and the game gets real interesting.
Taylor can be world-class if he pitches it well. Gabriel looks a bit threatening and times and Holder is raw but he can bowl hostile spells. Like you said, I'm just a tad worried about the slight chance of a collapse in the first innings. The cracks in the pitch will likely help the Windie bowlers in the fourth innings as well.

If South Africa bat steadily here, and get a lead of about 100, then there's very little chance they will lose.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
In hindsight all the Windies bowlers I mentioned are prone to leaking runs as well so yeah, unlikely South Africa will be bowled out for a low score.

OverratedSanity

I absolutely think it's possible. Taylor's bowling piss in this series, but if he gets it right, he can bowl a team out on his own. SA aren't a phenomenal batting lineup anymore either. They're pretty heavily reliant on Amla and AB.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I absolutely think it's possible. Taylor's bowling piss in this series, but if he gets it right, he can bowl a team out on his own. SA aren't a phenomenal batting lineup anymore either. They're pretty heavily reliant on Amla and AB.
Elgar, du Plessis, and van Zyl have all made tons this series and averaging over 50. They seem to be doing fine. BTW, I do agree it's possible, but seriously its really unlikely. I think the WI attack will be doing really good if they can stop SA's lead to under 50.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
2 five wides + a random one I guess.
Yeah that's what happened. Seemed a fairly obvious tactic to bowl short to Elgar. The two wides which went for 5 (man I hate that rule, they should be 4 runs, not 5) were way too short though.

Really enjoying watching Alviro here, you get the feeling that he is playing for his Test future here. Currently in the nervous 20's..

Daemon

Nothing to worry about, Amla and AB will casually add another 200 runs to this.

Swingpanzee

International Regular
An SA collapse here would be tasty, desperately want the Windies to put up a great fight

Also how good were those 3 Samuels pies? Best bowling I've seen to open a day.

Flem274*

123/5
I see the West Indies have learned how to whinge about the ball. Good signs for the future of their bowling.