• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in England

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Smith has but the others have only played league cricket and that's not the same quality as county cricket. Have heard from numerous people who're from the Caribbean that it's more difficult now than later in the season when the WI usually tour England. Makes a lot of difference. Is just personal opinion of a few though so don't know how true or not it is.
You toured this time two years ago

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
IMHO the major difference this time is that the weather is not as good and the players don't actually want to be here.

Thats what you get when the WICB agree to grab the money without consulting the players who would have told them where to shove it.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
To none other than young wayne parnell, clean bowled t'boot. Someone show him to Broad and tell him that's what a real all round prospect looks like, stop acting like a princess.
8-) Think everyone is going a bit far in this Broad hate...yes he's a poor test bowling record...but even given his record in FC includes his tests he still has a better batting and bowling average than Parnell, has a better ODI record and List A record...

That's not to say, Parnell won't be better than Broad, just that to tell him to look at Parnell to see what a real all round prospect is would be a bit rich.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
8-) Think everyone is going a bit far in this Broad hate...yes he's a poor test bowling record...but even given his record in FC includes his tests he still has a better batting and bowling average than Parnell, has a better ODI record and List A record...

That's not to say, Parnell won't be better than Broad, just that to tell him to look at Parnell to see what a real all round prospect is would be a bit rich.
AWTA. presumably Jeetan Patel is a better batter then Broad now, because he scored a ton in County cricket....

BTW, for the Windies fans complaining about the weather, it's actually been a much better start to the summer, then two years ago. So this week thing, a bit of a moot point, one feels.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Broad will cop flak whatever he does from now on it seems, on the basis of being poor last summer (in Tests). He's already shown himself to be a more than capable ODI bowler, and he's starting to do it in Tests, but why let that get in the way of a good bashing session 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hope no one thinks I like Broad btw, he really annoys me in the way he goes about the game and I think he's far too arrogant for what he's achieved. But he's got plenty of potential and just about deserves his place in the side at the moment.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Not saying it's a good argument as regardless they should have done better but have heard it and well this WI team doesn't bat well when it's cold. Not like the great teams who used to play loads of cricket in England.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah I think we should be able to cope no matter how cold it is, I just think the squads attitude to this tour is not up to the mark.

In this regard the WICB is just as guilty as the players as we should not be on this tour and the Wisden Trophy should certainly not be up for grabs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Broad will cop flak whatever he does from now on it seems, on the basis of being poor last summer (in Tests). He's already shown himself to be a more than capable ODI bowler, and he's starting to do it in Tests, but why let that get in the way of a good bashing session 8-)
Yeah and I don't really think a good argument can be made for him not being included right now. Just has a bit of a dislikable face.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Am I the only person who doesn't mind Bell in the squad? If we have to replace a batsman with someone at the last minute, or we decide to stick a batsman in at 6, I think Bell's fine.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeah I think we should be able to cope no matter how cold it is, I just think the squads attitude to this tour is not up to the mark.

In this regard the WICB is just as guilty as the players as we should not be on this tour and the Wisden Trophy should certainly not be up for grabs.
Agreed. With this extra money now we can be sure the players won't be paid on time.:happy:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was my point though. According to folk who're from the Caribbean a week makes a difference. They're not too happy about the second Test being at Durham either.
I think you need to tell these "Caribbean folk" to stop talking out their arses. I'm not sure how people on the other side of the world deduced that the week beginning May 4th is significantly more difficult to play cricket in than the week beginning May 11th but i doubt there's a lot of science behind it.