• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Depressing but expected. I said the ODI series batting would be horrible and it has been.

I didn't even bother waking up to watch this one as it was so clear what would happen. We have to cut these guys some slack, it's our second and third string, with hardly any experience in these conditions, with no warm up match at all.

I was hoping to see one or two individual performances that stood out and gave the selectors something to think about but alas apart from Akheil Hosein there has been nothing at all of note.
I was talking to a girl on WhatsApp whilst following the score on Cricbuzz...things escalated reallly fast....We were 7 down for nothing in no time....

cnerd123

likes this
Shakib's first 50 since returning to international cricket

no centuries this ODI series - Tamim and Shakib missing out here.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Our reserves really and truly can't bat. Bonner looks solid enough but has no idea how to rotate the strike. Mayers is dominant against pace but has no clue at all against off spin. Powell is a decent lower order hitter but we can't expect more than 30 to 50 from him. Mohammed is okish but out of form.

This ODI batting lineup never had a chance tbh.

Beamer

Keon Harding has a lot to work with but is just not accurate enough for international cricket at the moment. He is very hot and cold. I'd definitely work with him though as when he gets it right he is difficult to face.

Beamer

Thank God that's over. I actually think we have an outside chance in the tests, we have more experience and quality in the test squad and the bowlers are decent.

Still think we will lose but it should be a better contest.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
Well, that was depressing. Expected more from Jason Mohammed, but the others did about as poorly as expected. Alzari and Rovman seemed the only ones who knew what they were doing.

Was (naively) hoping this tour would unearth a Windies Labuschagne, but nope. No luck there.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Thank God that's over. I actually think we have an outside chance in the tests, we have more experience and quality in the test squad and the bowlers are decent.

Still think we will lose but it should be a better contest.
Tests will be more competitive no doubt. The test at ctg likely to be a draw because of flattest of pitch there (a bit slow but heaven for batsmen). For the second test, bd likely to win due to the quality of spinners and WI batsmen not being able to negotiate spin but you never know that one solid spell of quality fast bowling from one WI pacer might seal the deal for BD (kemar roach/jermain lawson did it).

Beamer

Tests will be more competitive no doubt. The test at ctg likely to be a draw because of flattest of pitch there (a bit slow but heaven for batsmen). For the second test, bd likely to win due to the quality of spinners and WI batsmen not being able to negotiate spin but you never know that one solid spell of quality fast bowling from one WI pacer might seal the deal for BD (kemar roach/jermain lawson did it).
Agreed but don't underestimate Cornwall on helpful surfaces. Bangladesh batsman won;t have it easy either. Though I tend to agree that in a spin-off our batsmen's lack of ability will probably make all the difference. That is why I wanted them to select Pooran and Hetmeyer before all the pull outs, they are destroyers of spin.

Aritro

International Regular
Changes from year to year though, depending on what result we're trying to manufacture. I'd have thought it's been a turner more often than it's been flat in more recent years.

Beamer

The 3 day warm up match started today. We were bowled out for 257, Kraigg top scored with 85 to carry on his fine tradition of using up all of his runs in the warm up. John Campbell hit a quickfire 44, Mayers 40 (39), Alzarri 25 and Da Silva 20.

An 18 year old spinner named Rishad Hossain took 5/75. Can anyone give me the lowdown on him? He averaged over 50 with the ball in FC cricket before today but had only played 6 matches.

Without seeing the pitch or any of the dismissals, it looks like another worrying day for us.

cnerd123

likes this
An 18 year old spinner named Rishad Hossain took 5/75. Can anyone give me the lowdown on him? He averaged over 50 with the ball in FC cricket before today but had only played 6 matches.
Legspinner, part of BD's High Performance programme. He's one of the talents identified to eventually play Nat cricket, has been rushed a bit in domestix due to a severe shortage of leggies going around. Never seen him bowl so don't know if he's actually any good.

nvm found a video of the wrong leggie

Beamer

Legspinner, part of BD's High Performance programme. He's one of the talents identified to eventually play Nat cricket, has been rushed a bit in domestix due to a severe shortage of leggies going around. Never seen him bowl so don't know if he's actually any good.

nvm found a video of the wrong leggie
According to Kraigg, he bowled good line and lengths, was very accurate. Not too much turn but pitch was very very slow. Seems like they were fairly impressed with him.