• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in Bangladesh 2021

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Thanks! £5.99 a test which to me is pretty reasonable. Horribly early start in the UK but so looking forward to regular test match cricket back in the schedule
Would be nice to have Test series arranged at least a year in advance along with TV deals and the ICC include a clause allowing them to buy all the rights for Test series in regions with no deal and host it on their own platform at say £55 a year/£6.99 monthly. Although that could go down depending on number of series they were airing in each country.

Probably a bit fanciful but would be great in allowing people in UK to watch this series and those in non cricketing countries to watch cricket if there is not really enough of a market for any domestic broadcaster to buy the rights. Might also incentivise host boards to be proactive in selling their broadcast rights knowing the ICC will swoop in if they do not. It means more money for the boards at least getting some money for rights they did not sell and if there was a good selection of cricket series available I think I would be willing to pay for such a subscription service- only issue I guess is VPNs and people might not pay for say Sky Sports in the UK if they mostly use it to watch cricket if they can watch the same series on the ICC website with a VPN for a fraction of the price

cnerd123

likes this
Even if they can't arrange schedules a year in advance, I see no reason why they can't put up unbroadcasted series onto a subscription service as you describe

Hopefully BD puts this up on YouTube for all of us

JOJOXI

Even if they can't arrange schedules a year in advance, I see no reason why they can't put up unbroadcasted series onto a subscription service as you describe

Hopefully BD puts this up on YouTube for all of us
Yeah certainly just thinking they'd want to encourage yearly subscriptions where possible - if I know I'm paying £55 a year and there are several series being shown that has my interest I might follow it whereas I'm not so sure if that's the case if I don't know for sure which series will be available on the ICC platform until just a few weeks or even days before. Although it certainly would be better than this current situation where effectively BCB say to the UK market either you cannot watch our cricket or you have to watch it illegally.

JOJOXI

Was starting to write but then held off on writing wondering whether pooled rights for cricket would work. Could the ICC as a collective, single body get more money for TV rights overall then the cricketing boards individually? You would imagine the likes of India, England and Australia would not agree to such a scenario unless they are as well off in the new system. But if the ICC could do a significantly better job selling TV rights as a collective body maybe you could give India, England and Australia a slight increase on the current money they get for broadcast rights on average and share the remaining increase with other boards with any future increase in the revenues of ICC more evenly split. I would prefer a more equal split in TV money to start with but thinking how you could get the big three potentially engaged with this whilst still finding financial benefit for remaining cricketing boards and spectators who can watch all series around the globe - doing this could potentially allow more Associate Cricket to be shown too.

cnerd123

likes this
I would even be cool with a PPV streaming model. Charge more money for the more popular series and less for the smaller nations, and offer discounts for people buying the series in countries where no broadcaster is showing it. Can get all associate cricket up on the platform too.

Pooled rights is how it works for ICC events, and the lions share of the income from that goes to the Big 3 because they claim to generate the majority of views. Bilateral series are left to the boards to work out for themselves.

Four spinners for BD - so much for all that talk about developing depth in pace bowling.

cnerd123

likes this
Decent bowling attack for WI. 2 quicks, 3 spinners (offspinner, legspinner and SLA) and 1 medium pace allrounder.

Batting perhaps a bit thin