• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was just thinking how many people would be devastated if Hauritz took a hat-trick there, disappointingly it wasn't to be.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Turns out that Ponting enforces the follow-on. ITSTL, thought he go for another bat and inflict more damage on the WI.

Oscillatingmind

U19 Cricketer
I would have batted again. bat again for a bit and get a score of 150-200 or something up and have a day or two to bowl them out, no chance of losing, small chance of a draw. If a couple Windies batsman stick to it they could set Australia 150-200 on the last day and be in a chance to win.

is the weather threatening?

could be that there 5-6 down for 100 by stumps however.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Nath Hauritz keeps growing and is right now a pretty fine spinner. Also a decent bat. Should have his position locked for a while IMO.

Top_Cat

I would have batted again. bat again for a bit and get a score of 150-200 or something up and have a day or two to bowl them out, no chance of losing, small chance of a draw. If a couple Windies batsman stick to it they could set Australia 150-200 on the last day and be in a chance to win.

is the weather threatening?

could be that there 5-6 down for 100 by stumps however.
Yup.

Brisbane Forecast

Uppercut

You're still missing the point that people didn't want him here even before that over as it's felt he isn't much of a threat most of the time. It has nothing to do with that over.
Yeah, I know. But it's like they're looking for an excuse to start calling for his dropping. I get the impression people don't want to see him do well. They might say they do, but deep down they don't.

Hauritz too, actually. The denial that went on when he bowled well during the Ashes was embarrassing. I say that as one of the majority who was completely against his inclusion at the start of the series.

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Interesting call from Ponting. Watson would have liked a chance to get some runs you'd think, although being able to enforce te follow on because you have five bowlers would help his case as well I suppose. Guessing the threatening weather may have had more to do with Ponting's decision than what suited Watto.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh Chris Gayle, was looking forward to seeing some entertainment for at least half an hour.

Must be pretty unusual for a player to be dismissed at the end one innings and be batting again in the third over of the next one.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah there's no way Ponting will enforce the follow-on. I think the relatively early declaration was in part because batting will be reasonably tough on the last day. Whatever the West Indies make, Australia will bat again and set them a big chase on the last day and a bit.
I do enjoy a good Fuller prediction.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I guess with it being the first match of the summer, good enough conditions for bowling, and a weakened lineup without Sarwan enforcing the follow on was a positive move. I'm actually very happy they have, it's just not what I expected though.

Top_Cat

Decent catch but, seriously, what a woeful shot. One wonders what the WI team has gained in getting their senior players back when the new guys and fill-ins from the strike have been the ones to show the most fight.

Where are their heads at?!