• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

pasag

RTDAS
The fact that conditions were helpful during the Ashes isn't really the point though, he was the only bowler who showed any discipline or consistency and looked like he had a plan. I'd have thought that being the man (the only man, really) to step up when the attack was struggling so badly in the most important series there is would count for something. One expensive over after the series has finished and people want him out.
You're still missing the point that people didn't want him here even before that over as it's felt he isn't much of a threat most of the time. It has nothing to do with that over.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Despite that, Dowlin is still there....
:laugh:
Should have been caught early :@

Anyways, whole day yesterday was a lot of fun, particularly the bit where they go "we're going to have to say goodbye to Sydney and Melbourne viewers for Nine News"...suckers.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just about to head down to the Gabba. Should be a good day of cricket. Last time I was at a test I got to see Pidge's last ever Michelle in test matches.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Lol Shane, I think that Clarkey was hoping you'd bring a tennis ball silly! But I'm sure you'll have fun anyways.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just looking at the Aussies' career numbers - I wonder when the last time was that only one member of the Australian Test team had taken more than 50 Test wickets?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watto with a 156Km/h warm-up. Niiiiice.

One thing I love about Dowlin, when he decides to go hard, really throws his hands. Love that aggression and he's gutsy.

Pothas

To be fair Clark had a bit of a torrid time trying to keep the England lower order quiet last time he played.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo thinking West Indies avoiding the follow-on is a good thing. If they avoid it, they are without their frontline seamer and the other two guys have played less than five test between them. They are going to get ****ed.

Also, I don't think Punter would enforce it anyhow. Watson needs a bat and there is some hundreds there for the taking.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah there's no way Ponting will enforce the follow-on. I think the relatively early declaration was in part because batting will be reasonably tough on the last day. Whatever the West Indies make, Australia will bat again and set them a big chase on the last day and a bit.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bowling Haury!

Australia will definitely bat next, which is good for me because I think I'm going to head down to the match tomorrow, if it looks like lasting most of the day..

Pothas

Not sure when it happened by Hauritz has become one of my favourite cricketers, I like this Australian team far too much.