• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indian Domestic Season 2014

ibiza

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I’ll never forget lara’s words: Evin lewis

I’LL NEVER FORGET LARA’S WORDS: EVIN LEWIS
Young T&T opener cherishes batting legend's advice and words of praise

Evin Lewis.jpg

Picture this – a 21-year old from Trinidad sets foot in India for the biggest T20 tournament and in his very third game impresses everyone with a ruthless batting assault. And, he is rubbing shoulders with some of the best players in West Indies cricket, watching some of the biggest stars of international cricket play their game and he has a certain Brian Charles Lara in his dugout to give him batting tips.

At the Motera stadium in Ahmedabad on Monday, Evin Lewis sped away to a 35-ball 70 to help his side post a mammoth 188 in 20 overs against the Titans. Rain played spoilsport in the Titans run-chase and T&T eventually won the match by six runs by the D/L method. In a short post-match chat with the man of the moment for T&T, Lewis spoke about his knock, his experience in India and about his chat with Brian Lara.

Excerpts from his interview:

A Man of the Match performance and a win for your team, it has to be a satisfying day for you

Absolutely! We have a good side and we have the belief. We are now closer to the semi-finals and we would look to do well there.

Are you satisfied with a 70? Did you ever have three figures in mind when you crossed your half-century?

Yes, I did it believe I could get a 100. But I just wanted to back myself and get a good start and push on for a bigger score. Unfortunately that did not happen, but I am happy with the knock and happy that we got over the line.

When Lendl Simmons walked back to the pavilion in the second over, how did you plan your counterattack against the Titans bowlers?

Being positive was the key and it really helped me to play that knock. I just wanted to back myself as much as I could and look to score runs freely. It is one of my strengths and I wanted to keep on going hard.

What advice does Brian Lara give you on your game?

It is a huge plus point to have a legend like Lara on our side. He keeps chatting with me and asks me to try and be positive as much as possible and all I do is listen to him and try to emulate that on the field.

What did he tell you after your innings?

He said, ‘Well played,’ and asked me to always be consistent and back myself whenever I got a chance. Those words are golden for me and will remain in my mind.

As a kid, did you always dream of playing in India? How overwhelming is it to play here?

Yes, I had always dreamt of playing here in front of a crowd that loves its cricket so much. Before I came down here, I watched every game and tried to learn from them. It is an outstanding experience to come out in a different country and play cricket. The crowds are pretty similar to that back home and I just wanted to go out there on the pitch and perform.

Is this the perfect learning curve for a youngster like you?

This is the best learning curve for me since there are players of high standards. Every day is a learning curve when you see such players of high stature play the game, I can only learn from them.

WindieWeathers

You see sir when you challenge me , get your facts before you do....I hope you read the above .

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Socafighter!!..oops i mean "ibiza"...where does it say that Lara "coached" him? :unsure: because YOU claimed Lara was responsible for our batsmen getting better so can you please provide the evidence that suggests he "coached" said players please? i'll be waiting...and please take that as a "CHALLENGE" if you wish.

Last edited:

ibiza

Socafighter ????

She is a woman ....I am a man

I figured something about you is strange ...

If only you can you use your brain...where do you think he was chatting with him at the nets ...plus he took his bat and showed him how to play spin..

Its unfortunate I didn't keep a copy of that clip that showed Lara in the Nets at the QPO , with the red force team , he even went to India with them ...

Ah thats it TV 6 in Trinidad .

I just sent the owner an email of this site , when he reads it , you can ask him if I am soca fighter ok ...bud , I asked him to check this thread out also.

I notice your links to one site ....interesting.

ibiza

ps its the name of a company I own private incidentally ...so dont bother to google ..lol

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Socafighter ????

She is a woman ....I am a man

I figured something about you is strange ...

If only you can you use your brain...where do you think he was chatting with him at the nets ...plus he took his bat and showed him how to play spin..

Its unfortunate I didn't keep a copy of that clip that showed Lara in the Nets at the QPO , with the red force team , he even went to India with them ...

Ah thats it TV 6 in Trinidad .

I just sent the owner an email of this site , when he reads it , you can ask him if I am soca fighter ok ...bud , I asked him to check this thread out also.

I notice your links to one site ....interesting.

ibiza

ps its the name of a company I own private incidentally ...so dont bother to google ..lol
Yep...i asked for evidence that suggests Lara coached the players and all you can do is spout nonsensical gibberish in an effort to digress the request. This debate is done...you can keep posting mainly trini influenced articles now just like you did on windiesfans.

ibiza

What is Windies fan ..I have no idea

If you want to see how Lara helped the T&T players , why don't you see what he did when the players went to India for teh Champions Trophy Tourney ..
He travelled with them .

Will you please stop bothering me...

AS I told you I wrote the Owner a note and disclosed who I am...

James Nixon james.nixon@cricketweb.net
Feb 6 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi **********,

The best way to alert the moderators is to the use the "report post" feature. This creates an alert for the moderators to look into.

I'd suggest using that in future should you believe a post crosses a line.

Regards,

James Nixon
Cricket Web Owner
Cricket Web

ibiza

Zone A

Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against
Jamaica 2 2 0 0 0 9 +1.381 448/79.0 429/100.0
Guyana 2 2 0 0 0 9 +1.360 536/100.0 400/100.0
Ireland 3 1 2 0 0 5 -0.998 527/150.0 582/129.0
Windward Islands 3 0 3 0 0 0 -0.667 596/150.0 696/150.0

Zone B

Combined Campuses and Colleges 2 1 0 0 1 7 +3.200 240/50.0 80/50.0
Barbados 2 1 0 0 1 6 +0.622 269/45.0 241/45.0
Trinidad & Tobago 2 1 1 0 0 5 +1.030 385/72.1 409/95.0
Leeward Islands 2 0 2 0 0 0 -2.776 220/100.0 384/77.1

WindieWeathers

International Regular
"Who you are"? you've posted under several different handles on different west indies forums so how on earth are people here gonna know who are you"? :blink: anyway like i said you have no evidence whatsoever regarding Lara improving our batsmen and even then your argument totally falls down where Samuels, Edwards and Powell are concerned who all scored tons during Radford's time as batting coach.

Case closed..you can get back to posting articles now.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What is Windies fan ..I have no idea

If you want to see how Lara helped the T&T players , why don't you see what he did when the players went to India for teh Champions Trophy Tourney ..
He travelled with them .

Will you please stop bothering me...

AS I told you I wrote the Owner a note and disclosed who I am...

James Nixon james.nixon@cricketweb.net
Feb 6 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi **********,

The best way to alert the moderators is to the use the "report post" feature. This creates an alert for the moderators to look into.

I'd suggest using that in future should you believe a post crosses a line.

Regards,

James Nixon
Cricket Web Owner
Cricket Web
:laugh: WTF

ibiza

Its obviously you have to much time on your hands I don't ...you can ask the Owner of the site I run a few Corporations I own . Idiots like you I often put on ignore .

You have time to seek and keep track of people and the numerous handles they have on Cricket forums then you are a lunatic that I should avoid .. I just joined this

forum and I read a T&T forum about T&T soccer and Cricket ( I am not a member of that site ) .

If you weren't so dam nosey about me ..you would have found the info I am stating about Lara and T&T players . One question show me where I mentioned thess

names....Samuels, Edwards and Powell...

Can you do me a small favour don't tell me what to do ...I have a low tolerance to idiots as you . Oh and who I am its none of your dam business.

You remind me of the old village spinster who watches and knows about every one in the village ....in T&T we call them macko

Last edited:

ibiza

All this character has to do is to check out facts ..since he links to this site from this board

Here is a quote fromhis favourite site ...

About Darren Bravo

The younger Bravo, who will play his first Test on his home ground, where he plays for Trinidad and Tobago and Queen’s Park Cricket Club (QPCC),
is pleased with his personal form and looking forward to the occasion.
“I’ve been timing the ball well in the nets, I’ve been working hard, (and) I’m getting some advice from Brian and my brother as well,” he told the media
after West Indies’ morning session yesterday at the match venue. “So I’m taking it one step at a time, and hopefully sooner or later something special
is around the corner…”
He has a problem understand the English language ..sadly.

Lara to accompany T&T

Port of Spain: The legendary Brian Lara will be travelling to India with the Trinidad and Tobago team for the Champions League Twenty20 tournament, which starts from September 17, in Mohali.

Although he is not a formal part of the team management, Lara, during his visit to India, will be playing a dual role of that of a tourism ambassador and a mentor for the Red Force.

Keen to help the team during the competition, the former West Indies skipper said: “I am just going to be there, not a part of management, but as a former cricketer, I am willing to lend a hand in any way I can.

“I hope I will have a chance to interact with the guys while in India and whatever way I can help. I have always had an open door policy and I look forward to working with the guys, the management, the captain Denesh Ramdin and all the players,” he said on Friday.

As a Trinidad and Tobago sports ambassador, Lara had played a similar role as unofficial advisor to the team during the recently concluded Caribbean Premier League

World T20 League, 2013 (Full Coverage)
'Lara has given us a different vibe'
New Delhi, Thu, Oct 03 2013

Lendl Simmons, the Trinidad & Tobago batsman said Brian Lara's presence in the squad has had a positive impact on the players, who stormed through to the semi-finals of the Champions League Twenty20, beating Chennai in style.

Lara, one of the greatest batsmen to have played the game, is travelling with the West Indian team and has acted as a mentor to the young players, some of whom have not yet played international cricket.

"When he's around, the team has a different vibe and everybody buzzes with positive energy. When he talks, we all listen. So far whatever he's told us has benefited our team. Although he has not played too much T20 cricket, he helps us a lot in terms of understanding the process of going about your batting.

"He reads the game so well and that helps us form our strategies too. He lets us know when the time is right to attack and when we need to take it easy. We are also learning that art of reading the game from him", Simmons told CLT20.com.

Last edited:

ibiza

Jamaica Vs Guyana ..Queen’s Park Oval....Start Date: 2014-02-08 1:30 pm Local time

Zone A Jamaica Vs Guyana ..Queen’s Park Oval....Start Date: 2014-02-08 1:30 pm Local time

JAMAICA: David Bernard Jr (captain), Nikita Miller (vice-captain), Andre Russell, Carlton Baugh Jr (wicket-keeper), Tamar Lambert, Andrew Richardson, Horace Miller, John-Ross Campbell, Jermaine Blackwood, Andre McCarthy, Sheldon Cottrell, Jerome Taylor, Nkrumah Bonner, Kenar Lewis; Junior Bennett (coach)

GUYANA: Christopher Barnwell (captain), Shiv Chanderpaul (vice-captain), Anthony Bramble (wicket-keeper), Robin Bacchus, Trevon Griffith, Leon Johnson, Narsingh Deonarine, Royston Crandon, Assad Fudadin, Devendra Bishoo, Veerasammy Permaul, Ronsford Beaton, Paul Wintz, Ramnaresh Sarwan; Esuan Crandon (coach)

I will try to post updates from another site ..

Zone A

Jamaica 2 2 0 0 0 9 +1.381 448/79.0 429/100.0
Guyana 2 2 0 0 0 9 +1.360 536/100.0 400/100.0
Ireland 3 1 2 0 0 5 -0.998 527/150.0 582/129.0
Windward Islands 3 0 3 0 0 0 -0.667 596/150.0 696/150.0

Zone B

Combined Campuses and Colleges 2 1 0 0 1 7 +3.200 240/50.0 80/50.0
Barbados 2 1 0 0 1 6 +0.622 269/45.0 241/45.0
Trinidad & Tobago 2 1 1 0 0 5 +1.030 385/72.1 409/95.0
Leeward Islands 2 0 2 0 0 0 -2.776 220/100.0 384/77.1

no Internet coverage ..copy and pasting from another site..

Jamaica and Guyana at Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain. Both the star studded teams have already marched into the next stage,
semi finals, and they will play to top the table.

Jamaica won toss and will bat ,..

Its has started to drizzle a bit and covers are on the center square. Radar doesn't
look pretty, hope its just a passing shower.We would like to see Taylor to get back to his prime grove.
Shiv Chanderpaul will be playing today and Sarwan is out with an injury. It has started to drizzle a bit and
covers are on the center square, hope its just a passing shower but its still over cast.

Over 2....8/0

Beaton to H Miller, OUT, whata lifter! Perfect delivery. Pitched on off stump and held its line. Miller on the front foot was caught on the crease and gloved one to Bramble behind the stumps
H Miller c †Bramble b Beaton 6 (9b 1x4 0x6) SR: 66.66

Innings break

JAMAICA innings (50 overs maximum) R B 4s 6s SR
H Miller c †Bramble b Beaton 6 9 1 0 66.66
JD Campbell c †Bramble b Barnwell 10 19 2 0 52.63
NE Bonner not out 122 157 8 5 77.70
TL Lambert c †Bramble b Fudadin 7 16 1 0 43.75
AM McCarthy c Johnson b Permaul 27 45 3 0 60.00
CS Baugh† c Barnwell b Permaul 8 23 1 0 34.78
DE Bernard* lbw b Beaton 8 10 1 0 80.00
AD Russell c Griffith b Bishoo 14 8 1 1 175.00
NO Miller not out 20 13 2 0 153.84
Extras (lb 3, w 18) 21
Total (7 wickets; 50 overs) 243 (4.86 runs per over)

To bat JE Taylor, SS Cottrell

Bowling O M R W Econ
CD Barnwell 10 0 57 1 5.70 (4w)
RR Beaton 8 2 56 2 7.00 (4w)
AB Fudadin 6 1 17 1 2.83 (3w)
D Bishoo 10 0 37 1 3.70 (1w)
V Permaul 10 0 45 2 4.50 (1w)
RT Crandon 6 0 28 0 4.66

Guyana Batting

End of over 1 (2 runs) Guyana 2/0 (242 runs required from 49 overs, RR: 2.00, RRR: 4.93)

TA Griffith 1 (3b 0x4 0x6)
S Chanderpaul 1 (3b 0x4 0x6)

Over 5 ...25/0

End of over 21 (3 runs) Guyana 87/0 (157 runs required from 29 overs, RR: 4.14, RRR: 5.41)

TA Griffith 37 (74b 3x4 1x6)
S Chanderpaul 40 (54b 1x4 2x6)

Russell to Griffith, OUT, Russell has his man! Fuller on off stump, bends down a bit and sliced to third man. McCarthy in the deep didn't had much to do as he holds on to an important catch.
TA Griffith c McCarthy b Russell 37 (75b 3x4 1x6) SR: 49.33

89/1

Russell to Bacchus, OUT, edged and taken! Pitched on middle and off, angle taking away from the leftie and an agricultural edge to the keeper
RE Bacchus c †Baugh b Russell 6 (11b 1x4 0x6) SR: 54.54

End of over 24 (6 runs) Guyana 96/2 (148 runs required from 26 overs, RR: 4.00, RRR: 5.69)

S Chanderpaul 43 (60b 1x4 2x6)
L Johnson..0*

End of over 30 (13 runs) Guyana 123/2 (121 runs required from 20 overs, RR: 4.10, RRR: 6.05)

S Chanderpaul 53 (80b 2x4 2x6)
LR Johnson 16 (16b 1x4 0x6)

Campbell to Barnwell, OUT, he has bowled him! Would you believe it? Juicy full toss from round the stumps, tried to heave to heaven but missed it altogether as it cannon onto the stumps
CD Barnwell b Campbell 11 (7b 2x4 0x6) SR: 157.14

End of over 33 (10 runs) Guyana 145/4 (99 runs required from 17 overs, RR: 4.39, RRR: 5.82)

S Chanderpaul 63 (89b 2x4 3x6)

Cottrell to Chanderpaul, OUT, Poor shot selection has bought his down fall. Nothing delivery on off stump, shuffled across and spooned a dolly to short fine leg fielder. 92 more needed and Chanderpaul is back in the hut. Jamaica should fancy their chances from here on!
S Chanderpaul c Campbell b Cottrell 65 (101b 2x4 3x6) SR: 64.35

End of over 37 (wicket maiden) Guyana 152/5 (92 runs required from 13 overs, RR: 4.10, RRR: 7.07)

RT Crandon 0 (3b 0x4 0x6)
AB Fudadin 5 (9b 0x4 0x6)

Russell to Crandon, OUT
RT Crandon run out 13 (16b 1x4 0x6) SR: 81.25

End of over 42 (3 runs) Guyana 179/6 (65 runs required from 48 balls, RR: 4.26, RRR: 8.12)

A Bramble 0 (1b 0x4 0x6)
AB Fudadin 17 (25b 0x4 0x6)

Jamaica 243/7 (50.0 ov)
Guyana 233 (49.5 ov)

Points Table

Zone A
Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR
Jamaica 3 3 0 0 0 13 +0.943
Guyana 3 2 1 0 0 9 +0.840
Ireland 3 1 2 0 0 5 -0.998
Windward Is 3 0 3 0 0 0 -0.667

Zone B

Comb C&C 2 1 0 0 1 7 +3.200
Barbados 2 1 0 0 1 6 +0.622
Trinidad & T 2 1 1 0 0 5 +1.030
Leeward Is 2 0 2 0 0 0 -2.776

Last edited:

ibiza

Trinidad & Tobago vs CCC at QPO ....2014-02-09 1:30 pm

Zone B Trinidad & Tobago Vs Combined Campuses & Colleges
Venue: Queen’s Park Oval....Start Date: 2014-02-09 1:30 pm Local time

T&T squad: Dwayne Bravo (captain), Adrian Barath, Evin Lewis, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Jason Mohammed, Denesh Ramdin (wicket-keeper), Rayad Emrit, Sunil Narine, Ravi Rampaul, Imran Khan, Yannick Ottley, Shannon Gabriel, Kevon Cooper; Kelvin Williams (coach), Manohar Ramsaran (manager).

CCC: Steven Jacobs (captain), Anthony Alleyne, Ryan Austin, Kyle Corbin, Akeem Dewar, Kavem Hodge, Kyle Mayers, Kristopher Ramsaran, Wayne Morgan, Shacaya Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Chadwick Walton (wicket-keeper), Kesrick Williams, Floyd Reifer (player/coach).

Manohar: Not much tinkering with T&T team
Published: Guardian
Saturday, February 8, 2014
Vinode Mamchan

Kevon Cooper... will be a likely addition to the T&T team for Sunday’s 50-over match against CCC.
The national team will not make too many changes to the line-up that will face Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) in their must win last round Nagico Super50 encounter tomorrow at the Queen’s Park Oval in Port-of-Spain.

The Red Force after falling to Barbados in their first match of the tournament, made two changes to the line-up that whipped the Leewards by five wickets in Tobago on Wednesday. Now that they are back in Trinidad on a different pitch changes are expected but according to manager Manohar Ramsaran, there may not be too many. “I don’t think that there will be too many changes to the team. There might probably be one change going into the final match.”

Opener Adrian Barath, who has struggled for form, may be a casualty for this match and Lendl Simmons might be pushed up the order with Kevon Cooper coming back into the mix. Ramsaran said the team was very confident going into the game and they are expecting to be in the semifinals. “The boys understand that it is do or die for them and they can’t wait for match time to go out there and do the business. “They are all focused on the task ahead, they know what they have to do and they are going to come very hard at the CCC.”

The team practiced at the National Cricket Centre in Balmain, Couva yesterday morning and today, they will put in their final work at the Queen’s Park Oval from 1.30 pm. T&T is currently third in Group B with five points, trailing the CCC on seven points and Barbados on six. Barbados plays the Leewards in their final match on Monday and based on current form, they are expected to win that match.

This will put them on at least 10 points, which means that whoever wins between the CCC and T&T will be the next team making the semifinal grade. Ramsaran said one very important factor is that all the players are fit, so the selectors will have the full complement to choose from.

ONLY BEST WILL DO T&T in do-or-die clash with CCC

By BY Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Feb 8, 2014 at 9:05 PM ECT

Trinidad and Tobago will have to play one of their best games today if they are to make it to the semi-finals of the NAGICO Super50 tournament.
The home team will be in a must-win situation when they face the Combined Campuses and Colleges in their final Zone B match at Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain from 2 p.m. today and the both teams know they are in for a tough fight.

T&T know first-hand what their competitors are capable of, having tasted defeat against the “Students” in last season’s semi-finals. Today, coach Kelvin Williams is calling for more consistency from his batsmen, confident that his charges were up to the challenge..
T&T all-rounder Rayad Emrit noted that to ensure they are ready for anything, the players have been practising in the nets with wet balls in case they have to face wet conditions today.
“We have learned to bowl in the nets with wet balls now so it should not be an excuse for us,” Emrit said.
But with off-spinner Sunil Narine and pacer Ravi Rampaul getting into stride, T&T’s bowling might not be the biggest concern.

Looking at T&T’s performances so far, Williams said: “The first game we were outplayed by Barbados in all departments. Barbados played extremely well. Going to Tobago we needed to win to stay alive and our bowling was brilliant.
“Now we have a game which is a final for us…the guys up for it. They know that any other result will see us crash out. I just want to see the batting be a bit more consistent,” he added.
T&T are currently third in Zone B with five points, while CCC lead the standings with seven points and Barbados are second on six.

In two matches so far, no T&T batsman has been able to notch a half century with the top score of 48 not out coming from wicketkeeper Denesh Ramdin in their 28-run loss to Barbados.
Ramdin was unbeaten on 22 in T&T’s five-wicket win over the Leeward Islands in Tobago.
“There needs to be more consistency. We were not consistent with our batting, nobody really got off. We lost five wickets chasing 141. I want to see a couple batsmen bat through the innings,” Williams said.
“We have to go out there and win it. We need to play one of our best games if we going to progress,” he added.

Of T&T’s opposition, Ramdin, who captained T&T in their run to the semifinals last year, said: “They have some good players in there and we cannot take them for granted.”
“They got the better of us in the semi-final last year so we have that in the back of our minds so we are going out there tomorrow to good account of ourselves,” said Ramdin.
CCC fast bowling consultant Curtly Ambrose said his players are also hyped for the match even after their game against Barbados was washed out in Tobago on Thursday.
“We have to refocus and put all our energy and efforts into the game on Sunday against Trinidad which is a huge game,” he said.

“It is a game we have to win because Barbados have to play against the Leewards and the way they are playing, Barbados got to be the favorites, so it is a huge game for CCC and we are hoping to bring our A game against Trinidad and go into the semi-finals.”
Ambrose added: “It is not going to be easy against Trinidad. They are home and they are desperate to win as well. So is a huge game for both teams.”

SQUADS
T&T: Dwayne Bravo (Captain), Adrian Barath, Evin Lewis, Lendl Simmons, Darren Bravo, Jason Mohammed, Denesh Ramdin, Rayad Emrit, Sunil Narine, Ravi Rampaul, Imran Khan, Yannick Ottley, Shannon Gabriel, Kevon Cooper.

CCC: Steven Jacobs (Captain), Anthony Alleyne, Ryan Austin, Kyle Corbin, Akeem Dewar, Kavem Hodge, Kyle Mayers, Kristopher Ramsaran, Wayne Morgan, Shacaya Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Chadwick, Kesrick Williams, Floyd Reifer.

Last edited:

ibiza

T&T win

Comb C&C 98 (44.2 ov)

Trinidad & Tobago 100/4 (16.2 ov)

Points Table

Zone A
Jamaica 3 3 0 0 0 13 +0.943
Guyana 3 2 1 0 0 9 +0.840
Ireland 3 1 2 0 0 5 -0.998
Windward Is 3 0 3 0 0 0 -0.667

Zone B

Trinidad & T 3 2 1 0 0 10 +1.984
Comb C&C 3 1 1 0 1 7 +0.666
Barbados 2 1 0 0 1 6 +0.622
Leeward Is 2 0 2 0 0 0 -2.776

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular

Exactly...which is why i shant engage any longer...just a waste of time.

Anyway folks this weekend had a decent clash between Jamaica and Guyana!!...great game tbh. Jamaica batted first and were under early pressure due to the ever impressve Beaton making an early breakthrough..but the vey talented young batsman Nkruma Bonner came to the crease and played an absolute blinder...scoing 122 not out to guide Jam to 240..believe it or not he was under big pressure having failed in the previous games...but he really showed his class here.

Guyana's innings started off well and young opener Griffith ad Chanderpaul had a decent opening stand...Andre Russell got Grffith and that set them back...but Chanderpaul was still there and got a decent 50 until Cotterrell removed him...then Fudadin hung around but the jam attack were really decent bowling dot balls and putting on pressure..Jerome Taylor was also playing and looked decent despite not taking a wicket...in the end Jam won by ten runs and Cotterrell got three of them which will be good for his confidence after the poor time he had with the WI team lately.

In the other game CCC got beat easily by Trinidad!!..they were so scared of narine and tried to attack Jason Mohammed which was a mistake..poor stuff from them really.

ibiza

TT trounce CCC to book semis spot

TT trounce CCC to book semis spot
By JOEL BAILEY Monday, February 10 2014
Newsday

TRINIDAD AND Tobago trounced the Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) by seven wickets in their Zone B clash yesterday at the Queen’s Park Oval to progress to the semi-final round of the NAGICO Super50 Cricket Tournament.

The hosts ended their preliminary round participation with 10 points from three games, with CCC next on seven points while Barbados are on six points.

Barbados can join TT, Jamaica and Guyana (the Zone A first and second place teams) in the semis if they defeat the win-less Leeward Islands at the Oval today.

But, if the Leewards earn an upset victory, then CCC will advance to the last four, at the expense of Barbados.

And today’s results will determine who finishes first and second in Zone B, and the respective semi-final matchups.

The CCC, who decided to take first strike after winning the toss, literally dawdled to a pitiful 98 all out in 44.2 overs with Man of the Match Jason Mohammed using his occasional off-breaks to good effect to take 3/19 in 10 overs while captain Dwayne Bravo had identical figures with his medium pace.

Raymon Reifer used up 70 balls to reach a topscore of 27, with only two fours, while Kyle Mayers, who struck the only six of the innings, made 19 off 34 balls before he was last out.

And a third left-hander, opener Anthony Alleyne, was the other batsman to reach double figures, with 18 (25 balls, three fours).

Pacer Ravi Rampaul got a ball to jag back and trap opener Chadwick Walton leg-before, while Bravo deceived Kyle Corbin with a slower ball.

Then Mohammed halted the scoring with an accurate spell of bowling, in which he removed Alleyne - who cut a wide ball to the wicket-keeper Denesh Ramdin, captain Steven Jacobs - who came down the wicket and was bowled, and player/coach Floyd Reifer – who was sharply held after a stinging drive back to the bowler.

Bravo came back after Mohammed’s spell to dismiss Kavem Hodge, and then the TT skipper executed a direct throw from mid off to run out Raymon Reifer at the non-striker’s end.

Shacaya Thomas was given out leg-before after a belated appeal by Bravo before Sunil Narine’s sharp off-spin was too much for Akeem Dewar to deal with. And, after Mayers lashed Rayad Emrit over midwicket for the first six, Emrit exacted revenge next ball to shatter Mayers’ stumps.

Four overs were bowled before the interval, whereby TT reached 34/0 with Evin Lewis on 24 and Lendl Simmons nine.

The carnage continued upon the resumption, with Lewis hooking Raymon Reifer atop the Learie Constantine Stand for a huge six, and requiring a change of ball.

Then came a flurry of wickets, with Lewis cutting left-arm spinner Hodge to point to end an entertaining knock of 44 (27 balls, seven fours, two sixes), Simmons (38 off 41 balls with five fours and a six) dragged a wide ball from leg-spinner Dewar back onto his stumps and Adrian Barath (one off 11 balls) drove one back to off-spinner Jacobs.

Mohammed duly ended the tension, with a cut shot off Dewar to the boundary.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Can someone please update me on the fitness of Ravi Rampaul and whether he's physically ready for Test cricket?

One has to imagine that he'd be the best option as 3rd seamer going into the NZ tour of WI. Roach, Holder (or another young seamer), Rampaul, Narine seems like it would be their strongest attack.

I think for Sammy to play Test cricket again he has to enhance his batting to the point where he can bat at least at number 7, because there's no way he's good enough to be a long term 3rd seamer.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Can someone please update me on the fitness of Ravi Rampaul and whether he's physically ready for Test cricket?

One has to imagine that he'd be the best option as 3rd seamer going into the NZ tour of WI. Roach, Holder (or another young seamer), Rampaul, Narine seems like it would be their strongest attack.

I think for Sammy to play Test cricket again he has to enhance his batting to the point where he can bat at least at number 7, because there's no way he's good enough to be a long term 3rd seamer.
The word is at his current size he's only bing considered for Odi and t20s..if he shifts a few pounds between now and the NZ series though then he'd b back in contention. Right now we're just waiting to see how Roach comes back after minor sugery on his shoulder...hopefully he'll get a good run out for Barbados in the next month or so...because with him in our side we're a different animal as NZ found out the last time they came to the caribbean.

Holder looks like being a cert aswell..he's looking better and better..swinging it both ways, getting bounce and has even improved his pace..obviously the spin spot is Narine's so the battle for the fourth spot in the attack will be interesting.

The contenders right now are...

Miguel Cummings= got his chance for Barbados last year due to Holder, Roach and Best being in Australia for one day series last year...and boy did he take it...he was the best pacer in the four day competition and then carried on that form for the A-team

Ronsford Beaton= This kid is causing a massive buzz right now..before he was just an inswinging bowler with a lot of pace but now he's developed his outswinging delivery aswell after a spell at the HPC and he looks scary to be honest..pace, swing and a great stride to the crease...he's joint top wicket taker thus far in the one day competition and if he continues like this in the four day one he will have a good chance...imo he's better than Roach was at the same age.

Delorn Johnson= Tall lefty who's claim to fame thus far is destroying an india A team in the caribbean to years ago featuring Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Dhawan, Mukund, Rahane etc....they just couldn't handle him and Holder..probably an outsider right now but with his left arm and ability to swing it both ways from up high (he's 6 foot 5) then he's gonna be an option.

Sheldon Cotterrell= Well we all know what he can do...had a less than impressive debut in India and then was carried to NZ but didn't play a game..to be fair though he wasn't fit during those tours (just another reason why the selectors are a bunch of idiots) and he's said that he's worked on a few things with Gibbo in the nets...a good four day season could get him back in.

Jerome Taylor= it's doubtful right now considering his terrible injury record and the fact that he's just come back after three years out...but a strong four day season might put him back in contention.

Marlon Richardson= A dark horse and i'd doubt he'd be given a chance right now but this trinidad pacer is different from most of the other bowlers in he region because he's a genuine swing bowler...had a good season last year and another good one this year might put his name in the hat.

So in closing the third pacer would come from that list or they might just go with another spinner!!.