• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indian Domestic Season 2014

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Ibiza please don't give me this "i'm a better fan than you" nonsense!!...because the "president you wrote to is someone i have talked to DIRECTLY about issues n west indies cricket...so i have nothing to prove. Furthermore i merely addressed the statements you made which simply wasn't true..especially the claims about "lara". I know other people may not agree with the notions i expressed above...but what i take issue with is people spreading false information...that's not what this thread is about.

ibiza

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Windwards surrender Super50 title
By JOEL BAILEY Thursday, February 6 2014

GUYANA PRODUCED a fine all-round display to defeat the Windward Islands by 22 runs and, in the process, eliminate the 2013 champions from title contention at the Nagico Super50 Cricket Tournament at the Queen’s Park Oval, St Clair on Tuesday.

Guyana joined Jamaica as the teams to qualify from Zone A to the semi-final phase, while Windwards and Ireland will meet tomorrow at the Oval, in a virtual dead rubber.

Left-arm spinner Veerasammy Permaul cleaned up the tail while fast bowler, and Man of the Match, Ronsford Beaton also took three wickets as the Windwards, who were chasing 236 to win, were bowled out for 213 in 46.4 overs.

Openers Devon Smith and Johnson Charles put on a run-a-ball partnership of 35 but Beaton struck in the sixth over when the left-handed Smith lost his middle stump as he played around a delivery.

Charles blazed his way to 35 off 36 balls with five fours before he tried an almighty swipe at captain Christopher Barnwell’s medium pace and was bowled.

Tyron Theophile and Andre Fletcher tried to repair the early damage as they combined for a third-wicket stand of 40. But ex-West Indies leg-spinner Devendra Bishoo got both batsmen out to leg-before decisions, in successive overs, Fletcher moved across the wicket but his verdict was a tight one, while Theophile was struck plumb in front.

There were a few twists and turns in the Windwards innings, as Keddy Lesporis and Romel Currency featured in a fifth-wicket stand of 61 before the duo were sent back to the pavilion in the space of seven balls. Currency chopped one from Beaton onto his stumps while Lesporis could consider himself unlucky to be given out leg before, as replays showed that the ball may have gone over the stumps. Mervin Mathew dominated a seventh-wicket partnership of 42 with his skipper Liam Sebastien to give the Windwards hope of victory. But Mathew tried one big shot too many and sliced a drive to Permaul at backward point, to give Beaton his third wicket.

Permaul was on the verge of a hat-trick when Garey Mathurin top-edged a sweep to the wicket- keeper Anthony Bramble while Delorn Johnson was bowled playing down the wrong line.

Kenroy Peters survived the hat-trick ball as he was ruled not out, on review, off a stumping chance, but Sebastien was the last wicket to fall, leg-before attempting a sweep shot.

The Guyanese posted a score of 235/7 with ex-West Indies captain Ramnaresh Sarwan led the way with 62 (92 balls, five fours, one six) while there were contrasting knocks of 51 apiece from Barnwell (43 balls, four fours, two sixes) and Assad Fudadin (120 balls, six fours).

ibiza

Where did I say I am better than you ?....Can you show me?

Furthermore i merely addressed the statements you made which simply wasn't true..especially the claims about "lara". I know other people may not agree with the notions i expressed above...but what i take issue with is people spreading false information...that's not what this thread is about.
Before you accuse me of false info ..you should please make sure you have your facts ...Before and during T&T played in the IPL Championship in India , who do you think
was with the players in the nets and talking to them .Who do you think travelled with them ? I am sure if you are fan of west Indies Cricket you would know its Lara and he still helps them today ...

Google and find out and see how stupid you look...

ibiza

By his posting I have reservations on how much he knows about cricket ...yet meeting the President of the WICB ?

Could be the President of Brazil Cricket ?

ibiza

Maximas ..

There is more to the story than that article .I spoke to Sarwan at a bar he owns in Toronto , Canada .His story is totally different
than what are being written in the press.I will not divulge such conversations over drinks ..I view them to be confidential in nature .

ibiza

CCC vs barbados , Shaw park Tobago , Feb 06, '14 game starts at 9am local time

Team Squads for Today game

CCC:
Steven Jacobs (Captain), Anthony Alleyne, Ryan Austin, Kyle Corbin, Akeem Dewar, Kavem Hodge, Kyle Mayers, Kristopher Ramsaran, Wayne Morgan, Shacaya Thomas, Raymon Reifer, Chadwick Walton, Kesrick Williams, Floyd Reifer (player/coach)

BARBADOS:
Kevin Stoute (captain), Sulieman Benn, Tino Best, Rashidi Boucher, Carlos Brathwaite, Kraigg Brathwaite, Jonathan Carter, Shane Dowrich, Fidel Edwards, Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Dwayne Smith, Kenroy Williams; Hendy Springer (coach)

Radio Coverage only ...knowing the Caribbean it can be 9:30 am lol

Up to date coverage here ....CCC Vs Barbados... Shaw Park., Tobago ...2014-02-06.. 9:00am Local Time

Rain In Tobago ..game delayed

Game delayed

Rain has stopped ..covers are being taken off ...No sun at the moment

Estimated time to start about 60 minutes

Umpires looking at strip

Reduced over game ... a game will be played

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Maximas ..

There is more to the story than that article .I spoke to Sarwan at a bar he owns in Toronto , Canada .His story is totally different
than what are being written in the press.I will not divulge such conversations over drinks ..I view them to be confidential in nature .
Probably some guy he met in a pub tbh.
Close enough

ibiza

Sledger , Maximus

The Guyana team is staying at the same hotel that I am in Trinidad . I spoke to him on last Sunday near the pool . He was exercising ..
I have nothing to gaining by telling a lie..I did meet him at his bar in Toronto with his partner.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I just found it funny that you said that after Sledger said what he said, I'll take your word for it regarding meeting Sarwan and there being 'more to the story', mind you, when you say that, without breaching the confidentiality of the discussion, what more was there to the story? As in - Sarwan more to blame or Gibson?

Last edited:

ibiza

Maximas ..

No very little of Gibson ...he never read the MOU/CBA ..so he never submitted reports on each player ...he should resign

More about the WICB Management

He and other players filed for arbitration and won resulting in large sums being awarded to them ...

ibiza

Pictures of games

Check out Pictures of Games...

Link Tobago fan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

11am ..local time..
There will be an inspection at 12pm by the Umpires. All the covers are back on
the field as a drizzle comes down.

11:30am

Haven't heard from the Umpires since they had a brief inspection at 12pm but it
is drizzling quite heavily now

1pm local time
Great news. There's just one cover left on the field. We look like we'll be starting very soon.

12:46 EST

That's it folks. The outfield is just too wet and the match is abandoned.

And its not from the Radio Super station

Last edited:

ibiza

Windward Islands Vs Ireland..Queen’s Park Oval..2014-02-07 .1:30 pm

Zone A Windward Islands Vs Ireland
Venue: Queen’s Park Oval...Start Date: 2014-02-07.. 1:30 pm Local

Windward Islands

The reigning champions Windward Islands should have been the team to beat in this year’s Super50 tournament but injury to all-rounder Darren Sammy and the ban on prolific off-spinner Shane Shillingford could prove too much for them to overcome.
Shillingford was the best bowler in last year’s tournament with 17 wickets from six matches and his absence will leave a big hole in the Windwards’ bowling department. Sammy’s last minute pull-out was also a big blow but they still retain most of the players who defeated Combined Campuses and Colleges (CCC) in last year’s final at Kensington Oval, Barbados to clinch their first limited overs title in over a decade.
Key to their chances of a repeat are Andre Fletcher and Devon Smith, who topped the tournament averages last year scoring over 300 runs each, and as always their never say die attitude.

WINDWARD ISLANDS: Liam Sebastien (captain), Andre Fletcher (vice-captain), Johnson Charles (wicket-keeper), Tyron Theophille, Mervin Matthew, Craig Emmanuel, Garey Mathurin, Keddy Lesporis, Devon Smith, Dalton Polius, Delorn Johnson, Kenroy Peters, Romel Currency, Alston Bobb

Ireland

Ireland’s participation in the NAGICO Super50 is not just to make up numbers.
With their ongoing quest to join the top tier of international cricket, they will be looking to upstage some of the best teams in the Caribbean under the guidance of former West Indies player Phil Simmons.
The Super50 will provide the Irish with quality opposition ahead of the ICC World T20 to be held in Bangladesh later this year.
They have competed in the Caribbean before in the Twenty20 format with limited success but they could prove much more dangerous in the 50-over game, having upset England at the 2011 World Cup thanks to a Kevin O’Brien century.

IRELAND: William Porterfield (captain), Alex Cusack, George Dockrell, John Mooney, Tim Murtagh, Andrew McBrine, Kevin O’Brien, Niall O’Brien, Andrew Poynter, Max Sorensen, Paul Stirling, Stuart Thompson, Gary Wilson, Craig Young; Phil Simmons (coach)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Where did I say I am better than you ?....Can you show me?

Before you accuse me of false info ..you should please make sure you have your facts ...Before and during T&T played in the IPL Championship in India , who do you think
was with the players in the nets and talking to them .Who do you think travelled with them ? I am sure if you are fan of west Indies Cricket you would know its Lara and he still helps them today ...

Google and find out and see how stupid you look...
Your comment about "how many matches have you been to?" is challenging my support for WI!...thats what i meant. As for Lara!! LOL...oh give me a break...talking to people in the nets don't make you a BATTING COACH...that's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about the game...a true batting coach analyzes a batsman's games and spends hours and hours trying to address technical issues...Lara hasn't got time for that.

In closing please refrain from insults..you won't last long around here with that attitude...TRUST ME.

Slifer

International Captain
Guys guys guys, let's all just calm down and take a deep breath. I think we can all conclude that we love WI cricket and it desperately needs a shot in the arm to be a competitive intl. team again. Having looked at the crop of bowlers we have, I'm excited and I think there is core group that should form our future from here on in: Roach, Rampaul, Narine, Beaton, Cummings, Holder, and there is a lefty paceman but I forget his name. Once we have a group able to take 22 wkts consistently i think the batting side will take care of it self.

ibiza

Your comment about "how many matches have you been to?" is challenging my support for WI!...thats what i meant. As for Lara!! LOL...oh give me a break...talking to people in the nets don't make you a BATTING COACH...that's pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about the game...a true batting coach analyzes a batsman's games and spends hours and hours trying to address technical issues...Lara hasn't got time for that.

In closing please refrain from insults..you won't last long around here with that attitude...TRUST ME.
You have too many assumptions , it will keep you looking foolish . If asking such a question as how many matches have you been to
is challenging your support for West Indies Cricket ? , you have a major problem with the english language and the assimilation of it .

You should google and read what the players said what Lara did for them .

Like I said ..you know little about Cricket .carry along merrily