• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Woodster

International Captain
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday England were going to struggle, people couldn't believe they were behind the 8-ball against a below-average state side, the game was proving Swann's uneffectiveness, and how England would struggle with the bat in the Ashes. All looks much rosier now I presume for the tourists ?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lythe has done nothing in his career other that have a purple patch of form in May. Should be nowhere near the England side.
Still on the trip though,and he did more than have a run in May.

Scored more runs than both Carberry and Adams last season at a higher average.Don't do that from one month of form.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
Strauss hitting his straps at a fair pace. Hardly wait to see him and his crew when they come up against SA.

And the bastard inside me wants Cook to do just well enough to make it to Brisbane :ph34r:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday England were going to struggle, people couldn't believe they were behind the 8-ball against a below-average state side, the game was proving Swann's uneffectiveness, and how England would struggle with the bat in the Ashes. All looks much rosier now I presume for the tourists ?
Nah

Game really didnt tell us anything we didnt know

1. Eng are a good team without too many stars but will be hard to beat

2. Swann took 5 for about 160 against a relatively poor team which translates to 3 for 200 in tests - par for the course in terms of an offie in Oz

3. KP was dismissed twice by a left arm spinner and is still talking himself up

Didnt really need to play the game to find that stuff out :laugh:

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KP fell again to a left-arm spinner? This is getting ridiculous. :lol:

King Pietersen

International Captain
Nah

2. Swann took 5 for about 160 against a relatively poor team which translates to 3 for 200 in tests - par for the course in terms of an offie in Oz

KP was dismissed once by the left arm spinner, and that was when he was in slog mode. In the first innings he was dismissed by Hogan, caught in the gully.

Woodster

International Captain
KP was dismissed once by the left arm spinner, and that was when he was in slog mode. In the first innings he was dismissed by Hogan, caught in the gully.
What have absolutely accurate facts got to do with anything ? Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Nah

My point being, so many rash assumptions were made after two days of a tour match. Conversely if I was a biased Englishman, in the Aussie mode, I would say -

1. England now win games from all positions, their main men came good in Strauss, KP and Swann and look ready to rule in Oz.

2. Despite bowling on unresponsive pitches, Swann rips the heart out of WA with four wickets in an innings, which translates to a 6-for on more helpful tracks,

3. KP was dismissed only once be a left arm spinner, and looked in outstanding touch.

Nothing we don't already know though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What have absolutely accurate facts got to do with anything ? Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

My point being, so many rash assumptions were made after two days of a tour match. Conversely if I was a biased Englishman, in the Aussie mode, I would say -

1. England now win games from all positions, their main men came good in Strauss, KP and Swann and look ready to rule in Oz.

2. Despite bowling on unresponsive pitches, Swann rips the heart out of WA with four wickets in an innings, which translates to a 6-for on more helpful tracks,

3. KP was dismissed only once be a left arm spinner, and looked in outstanding touch.

Nothing we don't already know though.
Urgh

1, Where have I said any different except "ready to rule"?

2. And where are these more helpful spinners tracks?

3. 90 odd for 4 is hardly "outstanding touch"

Let's get a grip when looking at the first game of a 3 month tour

tooextracool

International Coach

Think with regards to KP, the mere fact that he wasnt scratching around like he has been for the past year and a half is a sign in itself. Dont think we'll see him batting with any real purpose until the tests.

Much rather see him spank the bowlers around the trundlers they are for 50 odd than see him scratch around and score a 100. Its a confidence boosting thing which for someone with an ego like KP is far more important.

Woodster

International Captain
Urgh

1, Where have I said any different except "ready to rule"?

2. And where are these more helpful spinners tracks?

Let's get a grip when looking at the first game of a 3 month tour
Think you may be missing the sarcasm in my post. I don't believe the tour game will tell us a great deal at all about the Ashes, just a chance for England to get accustomed to the conditions, get back playing cricket and work on a few things, plus the bonus of a victory.

Don't understand your point one, two - anywhere in Asia really, and three, outstanding touch in an entirely different concept to outstanding results. You can look in good nick but get out for 15.

I was actually exaggerrating my points, for the purpose of replicating the comments after the first days of the tour game by some of our anti-England members,

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
KP will do fine he will be facing bowlers who are of lesser quality to Steyn,Morkal,Aamir,Asif and Ajmal.

Woodster

International Captain
KP will do fine he will be facing bowlers who are of lesser quality to Steyn,Morkal,Aamir,Asif and Ajmal.
Mmmh. Think it's fair to say he's prospered against bowlers than those, as good as some of those bowlers are.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah It's gonna be a real cake walk over here.8-)
never meant cake walk but its fair to see that KP recent troubles are not all self induced he has been facing good bowlers in decent bowling conditions in Aus the wickets are more batting friendly and he enjoyed them last time facing better bowlers.

jondavluc

State Regular
never meant cake walk but its fair to see that KP recent troubles are not all self induced he has been facing good bowlers in decent bowling conditions in Aus the wickets are more batting friendly and he enjoyed them last time facing better bowlers.
fair enough :)