• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tour Matches

Julian87

State Captain
I can't understand why you wouldn't want to give Phil Jaques another chance at this level. Maybe they don't want him to be in the mix.

So gun that Cameron's there.

pup11

International Coach
Australia A: Cameron White (Captain), Tim Paine (Vice-Captain), Mark Cameron, Callum Ferguson, Peter George, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh (subject to fitness), Steve O’Keefe, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc.

Hughes
Marsh (FFS!!!)
Ferguson
Usman
White
Smith
O'Keefe
Paine
Starc
Cameron
George
Shaun Marsh and non-selection of George Bailey are the only two howlers for me, when I look at that squad, also very relieved to see no Beer in there!!

pup11

International Coach
I can't understand why you wouldn't want to give Phil Jaques another chance at this level. Maybe they don't want him to be in the mix.

Yeah, couldn't agree more on this, its ridiculous the way in which, Jaques has completly gone off the radar.
Hope he gets picked, if Marsh gets ruled out due to his injury.

Spark

Global Moderator

Had a pretty poor time in FC cricket of late I believe.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shaun Marsh and non-selection of George Bailey are the only two howlers for me, when I look at that squad, also very relieved to see no Beer in there!!
Not quite sure why Bailey's non-selection is a howler. He's performed no better than any of the middle order batsmen selected, and is really only on par with Ferguson, who was always going to be picked. Ferguson has at least got a bit of a claim to fame in the International arena in 50 over cricket, Bailey has never really done anything much extraordinary.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Jaques has played horribly lately. Unless he gets lucky, his time has passed unfortunately.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Australia A: Cameron White (Captain), Tim Paine (Vice-Captain), Mark Cameron, Callum Ferguson, Peter George, Phil Hughes, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh (subject to fitness), Steve O’Keefe, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc.

Hughes
Marsh (FFS!!!)
Ferguson
Usman
White
Smith
O'Keefe
Paine
Starc
Cameron
George
It's a pretty solid team really. I think they could definitely give England a little pre Gabba scare

I hope Cowan comes in for Marsh - Went to my school after all

Ruckus

International Captain
I reckon if England didn't exactly breeze past WA, they are going to seriously struggle against this team (especially against the bowlers). Still don't know why Copeland was omitted though. Compared to someone like George, he has played less than half the amount of games yet still has more 5 wicket halls and averages 18.88. Awesome that Cameron is in there though.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I want to make passionate man-love to this side. Confused about the Darsh hate aswell, his last few First Class games have been outstanding, he definitely deserves to be there. Copeland unlucky. Marsh, Hughes, O'Keefe, Smith. :wub:

I'm flying down to Tassie for the first three days. Can't wait.

EDIT: Absolutely ridiculous that O'Keefe is good enough for Australia 'A' but not for NSW.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
EDIT: Absolutely ridiculous that O'Keefe is good enough for Australia 'A' but not for NSW.
Well to be fair, that whole NSW team is playing for either Australia or Australia A at the moment, barring Clark who is captain and has 94 Test wickets @ 23. I'd pick O'Keefe ahead of Hauritz too but the fact that he's playing for Aus A isn't a strong point in that comparison for obvious reasons.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well to be fair, that whole NSW team is playing for either Australia or Australia A at the moment, barring Clark who is captain and has 94 Test wickets @ 23. I'd pick O'Keefe ahead of Hauritz too but the fact that he's playing for Aus A isn't a strong point in that comparison for obvious reasons.
Jaques isn't.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon if England didn't exactly breeze past WA, they are going to seriously struggle against this team (especially against the bowlers). Still don't know why Copeland was omitted though. Compared to someone like George, he has played less than half the amount of games yet still has more 5 wicket halls and averages 18.88. Awesome that Cameron is in there though.
Never seen Copeland bowl but, on figures alone, he deserves to be there

Cameron is apparently a very good bowler but his injury record and age indicates that this is a real leap of faith and if he comes through, he's likely to be fast-tracked. Otherwise, I cant see the point in his selection

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Never seen Copeland bowl but, on figures alone, he deserves to be there

Cameron is apparently a very good bowler but his injury record and age indicates that this is a real leap of faith and if he comes through, he's likely to be fast-tracked. Otherwise, I cant see the point in his selection
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Cameron is actually the best bowler in Australia when he's fully fit.

[/controversial]

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there any more news on the rumour that England will send Anderson/Finn/Broad direct to Brisbane instead of playing the Australia A match?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is there any more news on the rumour that England will send Anderson/Finn/Broad direct to Brisbane instead of playing the Australia A match?
Surely you don't actually have enough bowlers in the squad to do that? Bresnan, Tremlett, Swann and Panesar is a bit of a farce as an attack.

If it was just Broad and Anderson it'd make more sense.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Surely you don't actually have enough bowlers in the squad to do that? Bresnan, Tremlett, Swann and Panesar is a bit of a farce as an attack.

If it was just Broad and Anderson it'd make more sense.
I think Shazhad may be over there as well, we were supposed to be taking him as cover because of the boxing injuries. But yeah, it may be that we just leave Broad and Jimmy out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think I read the other day that they may use the final warmup as a Finn vs Tremlett shoot out.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Shazhad may be over there as well, we were supposed to be taking him as cover because of the boxing injuries. But yeah, it may be that we just leave Broad and Jimmy out.
I think they'll play Shahzad in this game and send the test pace attack to Brisbane,the batting won't be weakened with Bresnan and Shahzad both all rounders either.Still think Shahzad would have been a better option in the squad than both Bresnan and Tremlett due to his banana reverse swing which would be very useful if he was in a test.