• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tour Matches

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i don't think Swann's technique is any worse than Hauritz's anyway
DWTA. Swann's definitely the better bat and has more shots, as I said, but Hauritz is superior technically. And this is coming from someone who completely agrees with you about Johnson and Broad.

pup11

International Coach
Johnson and Siddle were always going to be the only two staples.

Hauritz in a getting smacked early-on shocker. (face)
Hope Ponting gives him decent number of overs to bowl in this game, he hasn't played a FC game for a while now, so he would take time to get into some sort of a rhythm.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Really will be interesting to see how Hamilton-Brown can do today. Former England U19 captain, and has had a reasonable start to his career so far.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia going in to lunch three overs down on the run-rate even though Hauritz has bowled five. Roll on the four-man pace attack. :)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really will be interesting to see how Hamilton-Brown can do today. Former England U19 captain, and has had a reasonable start to his career so far.
Sounds a crashingly good sort of a chap: Rory Hamilton-Brown. Eton, Sandhurst & Oxbridge, no doubt.

Re: Hauritz/Swann batting, whilst I've never really seen the former bat in anger, I'd say generally that having more shots is a better bet for lower order players than a solid technique. Hoggard developed a decent technique, but was nigh on shotless and actually regressed once his "shovel to mid-wicket" deserted him.

Guess it's the quick runs v blocking end to play for the proper bat at the other end conundrum.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DWTA. Swann's definitely the better bat and has more shots, as I said, but Hauritz is superior technically. And this is coming from someone who completely agrees with you about Johnson and Broad.
It probably stems from my general opinion that 90% of how good a technique is is how many runs it yields.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds a crashingly good sort of a chap: Rory Hamilton-Brown. Eton, Sandhurst & Oxbridge, no doubt.

Re: Hauritz/Swann batting, whilst I've never really seen the former bat in anger, I'd say generally that having more shots is a better bet for lower order players than a solid technique. Hoggard developed a decent technique, but was nigh on shotless and actually regressed once his "shovel to mid-wicket" deserted him.

Guess it's the quick runs v blocking end to play for the proper bat at the other end conundrum.
I don't think you do Swann justice there. Sounds like you're talking about Steve Harmison or Makhaya Ntini.

Jakester1288

International Regular
They're providing a link to live audio..
Geez, it's terrible.

He forgot to unhook himself when he was getting someone else on, and now he is talking to someone who he hasn't hooked up. He is talking, and it sounds like there is no answers. Actually, I think he is on the phone to this blind person.

He is making some queer grunting noises.

I lol'd when the blind person called up/came in, he was like "Hello Andy" but his voice seemed like he was...aroused. :laugh:

Albion

Cricket Spectator
Geez, it's terrible.

He forgot to unhook himself when he was getting someone else on, and now he is talking to someone who he hasn't hooked up. He is talking, and it sounds like there is no answers. Actually, I think he is on the phone to this blind person.

He is making some queer grunting noises.

I lol'd when the blind person called up/came in, he was like "Hello Andy" but his voice seemed like he was...aroused. :laugh:
It's internet commentary only to be fair, think hospital radio standard.

He's actually talking to local radio when he appears to be chatting to himself :laugh:

I can put up with his monotone internet voice but the Sussex commentator has this annoying thing of eating a sweet whilst commentating. Not good.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Bowlers just chipping away. Excited that Siddle is in the wickets; deserves to be the second bowler selected behind Johnson. All this talk of Siddle not making the bowling lineup was simply nonsense. Been supurb over his 7 Test matches.