• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If I had my way I'd throw out all sports with a style judge, bye bye gymnastics and diving
Yeah, quite so.

I don't doubt gymnastics, diving and even synchronised swimming take a lot of skill, but so do ballroom dancing and the trapeze.

If there's not an objective way to measure it, it's not a sport.

It does leave boxing and other martial arts with a question mark, but there is a way to win without recourse to the judges.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I had my way I'd throw out all sports with a style judge, bye bye gymnastics and diving
Na, as far as we are concerned the Tom Daley story is a huge highlight and he is so iconic being a gay man who has won gold. Obviously there are others but not any for us with such a high profile. Great in the long run.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sports that have World Cups should not be allowed to participate in Olympics.

It should be marathon, triathlon, archery, decathlon, javelin throwing, and best interpretation of Pythagorean triples.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Sports that have World Cups should not be allowed to participate in Olympics.

It should be marathon, triathlon, archery, decathlon, javelin throwing, and best interpretation of Pythagorean triples.
Pretty much every sport has a World Championship of some sort. Where do you draw the distinction? On your own whims?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Whats with all these people wanting to make the Olympics less of a thing?

Ballet - pro wrestling - esports - snooker - sheep shearing

Everything with an elite group of athletes/competitors should be ****ing in there

Also bring back the nudity

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Agreed. Put anything and everything in, who cares?

Getting into the mood for the mens 100m free by watching Thorpe vs Phelps vs van den Hoogenband 200m from Athens. Gets the blood pumping.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great effort by the Aussie women in the rowing - a sport where at least 1 woman in every crew is absolutely stunning it seems.
But then, that's probably true for almost every sport in The Olympics.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like the idea of cricket 6s being an Olympic sport. It certainly fits the bill - played at a mostly amateur level, can be played quickly and matches rugby 7s.

I don't like soccer as an Olympic sport at all. Indoor soccer or futsul would be much better candidates.

Golf shouldn't be an Olympic sport. Squash should be.