• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also, it's nice that Australian men have finally got a good in something. 5-1 to the women so far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lovely to see how much that relay win meant to the pommie blokes. Certainly rare air for them.

Spark

Global Moderator
Soccer should definitely be canned so long as they have all the squad restrictions in place. Makes a mockery of the entire event.

I assume cricket will be T10 if it ever gets in. I dunno how you'd find enough time to squeeze a full tournament with enough teams to justify Olympic status into two weeks otherwise.

cnerd123

likes this
I assume cricket will be T10 if it ever gets in. I dunno how you'd find enough time to squeeze a full tournament with enough teams to justify Olympic status into two weeks otherwise.
If you have 2 venues, play 2-3 games a day, and possibly use synthetic pitches (which is acceptable for T20I status as per ICC regulations) you could get 30 T20 games done in 2 weeks comfortably. That's enough for a 12-team tournament.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you have 2 venues, play 2-3 games a day, and possibly use synthetic pitches (which is acceptable for T20I status as per ICC regulations) you could get 30 T20 games done in 2 weeks comfortably. That's enough for a 12-team tournament.
Yeah I think you need more teams than that. I'd say 16 minimum.

Spark

Global Moderator
Btw how filthy would you be as the Italian men's quad rowers with the British. You're coming home with a late charge to try and win then you basically get barged off the course by the lot next to you :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah I think you need more teams than that. I'd say 16 minimum.
even with 16 teams you could fit it in.

4 groups of 4, single stage round robin (24 games)
Top teams go straight into Semi Finals and Finals (3 games)

27 games. You can easily play 3 T20s in a day (4 if you have lights), and since synthetic pitches can be used for T20Is, you really just need 2 decent sized fields and you can very easily run a whole tournament in 2 weeks. Could even do a men's and women's tournament.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I think you'd get a ton of complaints from traditionalists if you forced everything to be on synthetic pitches. Can't imagine the subcontinent boards would be keen on that.