• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't. Make it run for the whole 4 weeks. Of the Olympics is one option.

Or just do straight knockout all the way through.
I genuinely love straight knockout. But the idea of Zimbabwe or Afghanistan quadrupling the size of the team they send to the games in order to field a cricket team who then go home after one match feels rather cruel

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gold medal winning swimmer James Guy has already phoned his dad to plan his celebratory meal out.

The Bury swimmer was part of the men’s 4x200m freestyle relay team that claimed top spot at the Tokyo Aquatic Centre. Speaking to 5 Live’s Naga Munchetty, James’ dad Andy says the restaurant has already been booked.

“He’s already sent his order in, ‘Dad, we’re going out for an Indian.’ Because he’d never have that during training because it’d be way too heavy, so that’s a massive treat for him.

“He only has a korma, the mildest curry you could ever possibly have, but that’s what he’s looking forward to.”
Imagine being grassed up by your dad on national radio for ordering korma

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what surprises me more: NZ through to the semifinals of the men's tennis doubles or the quarterfinals of the football

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't know what surprises me more: NZ through to the semifinals of the men's tennis doubles or the quarterfinals of the football
Well U23's plus 3 full age players is probably the perfect formula for maximising NZ's competitiveness in soccer. This group of players nearly made the quarters in the u20 world cup a few years back. Helps that they landed in the pool of life as well. Still, excellent effort feel particularly happy for the goalie after the club standard display he put on against Honduras.

Spark

Global Moderator
So apparently what happened to Simone Biles is that she got "lost in the air" mid-jump and more or less lost track of the where the ground was, which seems like an utterly terrifying thing to have happen to you when you're spinning like a top in the air around all sorts of large, heavy solid objects.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
yeah I also saw someone comparing it to "forgetting your muscle memory" which...oh man, i guess we should be happy she recognized it before she crashed into the balance beam.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeah I also saw someone comparing it to "forgetting your muscle memory" which...oh man, i guess we should be happy she recognized it before she crashed into the balance beam.
It sounds to me like that thing where the conscious part of the brain panics under pressure and tries to take over a process that the subconscious part is much better at. Happens to golfers a lot, but the stakes are much lower.