• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Julian87

State Captain
Australia if England selected the team...

Khawaja
Warner
Head
Labu
Smith
Green
M Marsh
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
Cummins

All about batting depth and jack of all trades...
Actually they probably pick Handscomb to keep instead of Carey.
They'd have Harry Conway in there somewhere as he's essentially a better version of Robinson.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Savant. Seriously

He's such a weird unit. When he's giving descriptions of the bat after he's guessed it theirs a weird mix of "grade 3 kid showing off their stuffed animal at show and tell" and "Mark Zuckerberg in front of US congress for Facebook hearing" energy going on, and I don't know how to feel about that.

halba

International 12th Man
Eng team announced for 3rd test

6 man bowling attack.
Stokes(depending on fitness)
Ali
Woakes
Robinson
Broad
Wood

Comments. Wood and woakes haven't played tests for a very long time is my main concern. Broad and Robinson would be fatigued from the 2nd test. Ali and stokes aren't fully fit, Ali still hasn't fully recovered from the finger injury which normally takes a few weeks.

TheJediBrah

I don't like it but calling Moeen a #9 is a bit of a stretch. Woakes in for literally any of our seamers also bolsters the lower order.
They seemingly don't want Root to bowl the overs he'd have to if we just went for four seamers and I don't think they trust Wood as part of a four man attack without the insurance policy of Stokes.
Agree, Moeen is more of a #10

Lefty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

Burgey

I actually don't mind the England attack. Wood offers some genuine pacea nd Woakes should move it around a bit, albeit playing Australia has been a problem for him for a while. I don't know what Tongue did wrong. Did he pick up an injury at Lord's?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually don't mind the England attack. Wood offers some genuine pacea nd Woakes should move it around a bit, albeit playing Australia has been a problem for him for a while. I don't know what Tongue did wrong. Did he pick up an injury at Lord's?
Could just be workload, honestly. This game is must win, but so are the other two, and england seem to back wood despite his sketchy record in england. You don't wanna play tongue for two straight here with such a short turnaround and risk him getting injured, cause then you have to keep wood fit for two straight tests and that seems like a big task right now.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if Tounge is injured now per se, but he certainly has had a lot of such issues in his career. May be a workload management type of thing. Must admit he exceeded my expectations at Lords, looked the most threatening of the English bowlers at numerous times, will be expensive occasionally but can bowl excellent deliveries

At least we won't have to be subjected to the commentators (Atherton especially) calling him "Tong" all test though

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Given Murphy has to play, Boland will presumably miss under the One Victorian Rule, unless the selectors think England are so bad they can risk two of them in the same side.
We could have three victorians on the field at the same time if harris comes on as a sub fielder, dire times.

Edit: All i'm saying is that we picked two Victorians in the first test in India and we all know how that ended up going.......

Anthony Clayden

England is a good side, there is no doubt to that.
The question is are they better then the side Australia put out.
At home with 2 toss wins, and the best of the conditions both times, have led to narrow losses.
(Put aside the thumping the forgotten tour of Australia that occurred 2 years ago)

Really enjoying the challenge, England (and Wales) are giving us.

Anthony Clayden

Given Murphy has to play, Boland will presumably miss under the One Victorian Rule, unless the selectors think England are so bad they can risk two of them in the same side.
Murphy was born in Echuca (as that is where local hospital is) but raised in Moama...so one could argue he is not a Victorian.