• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given Murphy has to play, Boland will presumably miss under the One Victorian Rule, unless the selectors think England are so bad they can risk two of them in the same side.
I have little doubt that Boland will play over Neser. Our selectors seem to stick quite rigidly to their pecking order. I'm leaning towards preferring Neser myself atm due to his better batting and I don't think Boland's really in rhythm.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Weather Update

Thurs - Same
Fri - Same
Sat - More widespread showers
Sun - Showers early afternoon
Mon - Showers all day

Looking a bit worse
Forecast today

Thurs - Dry/Sunny all day
Fri - Sunny all day
Sat - Same widespread Showers
Sun - Sunny all day
Mon - Showers all day

So Sunday will have no showers so the forecast has a whole is improving

chris.hinton

International Captain
Eng team announced for 3rd test

6 man bowling attack.
Stokes(depending on fitness)
Ali
Woakes
Robinson
Broad
Wood

Comments. Wood and woakes haven't played tests for a very long time is my main concern. Broad and Robinson would be fatigued from the 2nd test. Ali and stokes aren't fully fit, Ali still hasn't fully recovered from the finger injury which normally takes a few weeks.
This attack will stun the Aussies. Wood has pace and the Aussies are scared of pace, Woakes will swing it and be bang on the money.

Win in 4 days for England. Murphy is going to be ****e

halba

International 12th Man
This attack will stun the Aussies. Wood has pace and the Aussies are scared of pace, Woakes will swing it and be bang on the money.

Win in 4 days for England. Murphy is going to be ****e
Yep the issue i have with Todd murphy- hes just going to get whacked out of the attack. why dont aus put Boland And Neser as a 4 pace bowling attack? on a green top better chance of a victory. Murphy will do *** all, i dont rate him at all- going to get slogged on these wickets. Only Lyon is australia's only good spinner produced in the last 30 years.. Get Smith/Head to bowl some offies/leggies for a short bit, but spin is just going to get whacked in england unless you are absolutely world class e.g. Warne or Lyon. Actually i rated Matt- Kuhnemann - Kuhnemann was world class in the 3rd test in india, 5 for 16 in the first INN

Attack should be - on a green top

Green
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Boland
Head/Smith - to bowl part time spin.

Last edited:

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Latest ICC Rankings Top 10 released

2. Smith
3. Labuschagne
4. Head
5. Root
7. Khawaja

2. Cummins
4. Anderson
5. Robinson
7. Lyon
10. Broad

Edit: Smith (882) 1 point from Williamson (883) to regain #1 in his 100thTest

Last edited:

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I like Leeds a lot as a town - had a very, very good time there one long weekend in the otherwise very cold northern winter of 2010/11. But in all seriousness, given what's gone on with Yorkshire, how does the ECB give them a test match when there's so many other venues available?
I think we'd all agree that having a test at Leeds doesn't sit well.

I lived there for 3 years as a student and it's a great city but what went on at the cricket club should have resulted in this test taking place elsewhere.

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
Latest ICC Rankings top 10 released

2. Smith
3. Labuschagne
4. Head
5. Root
7. Khawaja

2. Cummins
4. Anderson
5. Robinson
7. Lyon
10. Broad
How is Khawaja not higher. Hasn't he averaged 60 as an opener in the last couple of years.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So my mandatory day in the office is now Thursday, was Wed until recently. The last two nights I’ve had a text from our alerting system saying stay at home if you were planning to come in, the network is ****ed.

Pray it remains ****ed people, I got cricket to watch!

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
So my mandatory day in the office is now Thursday, was Wed until recently. The last two nights I’ve had a text from our alerting system saying stay at home if you were planning to come in, the network is ****ed.

Pray it remains ****ed people, I got cricket to watch!
I know the feeling mate - I go into the office one day a week, went in on Monday to free up the end of the week.

It'll be TMS on, and then I catch up with action on Sky during my breaks.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think we'd all agree that having a test at Leeds doesn't sit well.

I lived there for 3 years as a student and it's a great city but what went on at the cricket club should have resulted in this test taking place elsewhere.
It is a quality joint. @GIMH what was the name of that curry joint the three of us went to? Was a decent nosh up. Massive joint, can’t remember its name, but there’s a lot of good joints to eat in northern English cities from what I’ve seen.