• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

Cubiscus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Awful selections again. So we've brought in a batter who has a lower average than Foakes?! This after the WK was the difference in the 1st test and you could argue the second.

Did Foakes kick someone's cat?

Spark

Global Moderator
What the **** is going on in the English selectors brains. Did Foakes piss in someone's cereal or something?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Congrats @Burgey text me your address mate and a Dan's voucher is on its to way to you.......we're ****ed.

Absolute shambles of a side.

Anthony Clayden

Australia if England selected the team...

Khawaja
Warner
Head
Labu
Smith
Green
M Marsh
Carey
Maxwell
Starc
Cummins

All about batting depth and jack of all trades...
Actually they probably pick Handscomb to keep instead of Carey.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TBF if Aus pick Neser over Boland (they won't) in place of Haze who will be rested, they'd be taking #batdeep pretty seriously with a tail of:
Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Murphy

But why would England move Brook to three? He's tailor made to bat five or six with the way he plays. Potentially exposing him to the new ball is asking for all sorts of strife.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I was initially a bit pissed at the England lineup, but I don't mind it as much now.

Woakes+moeen at 7 and 8 is good enough depth, woakes averages mid 30's with the bat in England. They backed Crawley and he's been fine this summer, 3 decent scores in 5 digs and a bit unlucky with a legside strangle last test. No foakes is frustrating, but fitting him into this team with Stokes's lack of bowling Is difficult.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
TBF if Aus pick Neser over Boland (they won't) in place of Haze who will be rested, they'd be taking #batdeep pretty seriously with a tail of:
Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Murphy

But why would England move Brook to three? He's tailor made to bat five or six with the way he plays. Potentially exposing him to the new ball is asking for all sorts of strife.
Yeah moving root to 3 short term would have been the better call IMO.

Anthony Clayden

Carey
Neser
Starc
Cummins
Murphy

But if Aus picked Neser. it would be due to his being the next best bowler available, to ensure we can get 20 wickets, and need to rest rather then break bowlers. He would be very unlikely selected to just increase batting depth.

Although Maxell would fit very well in a Bazball side.

OK update Aus side if picked by Eng

Warner
Head
Labu
Smith
Green
M Marsh
Inglis
Maxwell
Neser
Starc
Cummins

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This selection reminds me a bit of this game https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...d-vs-australia-4th-test-345973/full-scorecard - just really don't think that weakening your batting that much by swapping out a #3 for a #9 is at all wise
I don't like it but calling Moeen a #9 is a bit of a stretch. Woakes in for literally any of our seamers also bolsters the lower order.
They seemingly don't want Root to bowl the overs he'd have to if we just went for four seamers and I don't think they trust Wood as part of a four man attack without the insurance policy of Stokes.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean if you want a spinner who can bat a bit, why not the bloke who took 12 and made 140 like a week ago