• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test (Headingley, Leeds) 6–10 July

slowfinger

International Debutant
England team (probable): Crawley, Duckett, Brook, Root, Stokes, Bairstow (wk), Moeen, Woakes, Wood, Broad, Robinson

personally I much prefer this line up anyway, we bat slightly deeper AND now have 5 frontline bowlers. Much more balanced

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
scratch that we actually bat all the way to 11 now
Hmm I still think Lawrence may come in as a like for like replacement who can bowl a bit of spin, it all depend on moeen's spinning finger I guess, if he can hardly bowl, surely Lawrence is the better batting option, and a much more sensible number 3. Mind you he doesn't biff it, so maybe not.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hmm I still think Lawrence may come in as a like for like replacement who can bowl a bit of spin, it all depend on moeen's spinning finger I guess, if he can hardly bowl, surely Lawrence is the better batting option, and a much more sensible number 3. Mind you he doesn't biff it, so maybe not.
According to cricinfo Moeen is saying he's bowling "the best he's every bowled" and his finger has "healed perfectly" so I think he'll probably come in on that basis

Qlder

State Vice-Captain
Looking for a big game from Smith in his hundredth test match. I imagine he will lift his game a notch or two

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will Stokes’ knee have some influence on how they go with the attack as well? He bowled a long spell on the fourth day at lords and seemed pretty propped on it afterwards and even on day five. If he’s limited in his bowling, I wonder if they’ll run with four seamers again

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm just thinking about that last innings at Lords......I honestly think if Foakes was there with Stokes we could have got home. I know that's all ifs and buts......but he's played so many clutch supporting roles like that.

I've said all along he's the perfect foil at No8 for bazball......why the **** can't they see that? At this point I'm honestly picking him just on the batting.......never mind the fact he's a far superior gloveman to Bairstow. It's honestly one of the worst Eng selection calls in recent times imo. Just ****ing dumb.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like Leeds a lot as a town - had a very, very good time there one long weekend in the otherwise very cold northern winter of 2010/11. But in all seriousness, given what's gone on with Yorkshire, how does the ECB give them a test match when there's so many other venues available?