• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Hussey has been the one thing holding the batting together in this series. I'd only be making changes to where he bats if it was absolutely neccessary.
Yeh I know, I don't know what to expect from Hughes tho and winning is priority, so I'd want to pick form batsman and that needs a reshuffle cause Khawaja up top might be a bridge too far.
Having Mussey as insurance to salvage a possible collapse is understandable, but he could just as easily go cheaply nxt time, thus imo it's time to take a punt.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeh I know, I don't know what to expect from Hughes tho and winning is priority, so I'd want to pick form batsman and that needs a reshuffle cause Khawaja up top might be a bridge too far.
Having Mussey as insurance to salvage a possible collapse is understandable, but he could just as easily go cheaply nxt time, thus imo it's time to take a punt.
Khawaja's done more opening than Hussey in the last five years tbh. Certainly done a lot more top-three batting than him.

TumTum

Banned
Picking in form batsman over Hughes is a rubbish idea. Sure he might be out of form but he is a proven performer. Who knows maybe the in form domestic batsman will fail in the Test arena (which many have done btw).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duh, again messed up. :wacko:

Twatto
Clarke
Punter
Khwaja
Mussey
Haddin
Smith
Hauritz
Harris
Siddle
Dougeh

:unsure: Or prolly play Smith as a batting allrounder and bring in Phil in for Hauritz?
You want to play two spinners?

It's Perth mate, not Mumbai.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Hauritz doesnt get picked in the squad then we know that there are politics at work and no light at the end of the tunnel unless a complete Hail Mary selection miraculously comes off

Unlike others, he's put his head down, performed and actually deserves to be picked

stephen

If Hauritz doesnt get picked in the squad then we know that there are politics at work and no light at the end of the tunnel unless a complete Hail Mary selection miraculously comes off

Unlike others, he's put his head down, performed and actually deserves to be picked
This.

Ruckus

International Captain
I don't get this sudden desire to bring Hauritz back? Nothing has changed in his bowling between the time he was dropped and now. Sure he got a 5-for recently in a Shield match, but he also got 0 for 44 against SA yesterday. This match is do or die, and while I think Hauritz is probably a better option than Doherty, will he really give us much more of a chance of taking 20 wickets?

We need to take risks now, going back to the old boring team is probably going to produce the same bad results. Bring in O'Keefe, or someone else who has the potential to take a lot of wickets. I would probably prefer Smith at 8 than Hauritz tbh. He is a way ****ter bowler in terms of consistency, but at least he adds a lot with the bat and has more potential to take a heap of wickets if he is on song.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nothing has changed in his bowling between the time he was dropped and now.
How do you know? Watched him?

He took his best ever First Class figures and his first Shield five-for and the backed it up with his highest First Class score and his first Shield hundred in the next match.

I'm not a fan and I probably still wouldn't pick him but to say nothing has changed is wrong IMO.

stephen

I don't get this sudden desire to bring Hauritz back? Nothing has changed in his bowling between the time he was dropped and now. Sure he got a 5-for recently in a Shield match, but he also got 0 for 44 against SA yesterday. This match is do or die, and while I think Hauritz is probably a better option than Doherty, will he really give us much more of a chance of taking 20 wickets?

We need to take risks now, going back to the old boring team is probably going to produce the same bad results. Bring in O'Keefe, or someone else who has the potential to take a lot of wickets. I would probably prefer Smith at 8 than Hauritz tbh. He is a way ****ter bowler in terms of consistency, but at least he adds a lot with the bat and has more potential to take a heap of wickets if he is on song.
I disagree with your viewpoint.

Hauritz would provide at least some level of control, which is more than we can say for any of the other bowlers. It is a release of pressure at one end which has let England dictate terms so far. Hauritz is both more accomplished and in form than any other spin bowler in the country. Pick him.

Ruckus

International Captain
How do you know? Watched him?

He took his best ever First Class figures and his first Shield five-for and the backed it up with his highest First Class score and his first Shield hundred in the next match.

I'm not a fan and I probably still wouldn't pick him but to say nothing has changed is wrong IMO.
I haven't watched him but how can anything have significantly changed in a matter of a few weeks? It typically takes months of training to alter your style of bowling or action etc. and actually produce better results. I may be wrong in that claim, but I'd be incredibly suprised if he has changed his game in this time.

TumTum

Banned
I would probably prefer Smith at 8 than Hauritz tbh. He is a way ****ter bowler in terms of consistency, but at least he adds a lot with the bat and has more potential to take a heap of wickets if he is on song.
He's not Krezja.