• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Niall

International Coach
Isner can boom the aces, but anyone with serious aspirations to win ought should be beating him easily enough these days sadly, so yeah Murray is done.

one of the below will face either Novak/Alcarez in the semi final.......genuinely hard to see who gives either lad any trouble sadly.

Humbert
Goffin
Tiafoe
Bublik
Norrie
Johnson
Paul
Vesely

Niall

International Coach
How disappointing,,, everyone drooling over that ***y serve and volley from Cressy who just beat FAA and it looks like he will lose to Jack bloody Sock. ?

Tsitsipas v Kyrigos next round on Saturday would assume whoever wins that will be heavily favored to reach the semi final and meet either Nadal/Fritz .

Niall

International Coach
Cornet is always dangerous on grass tbf.
Coco also gone, but tbf Anismova is not a random at all.

Jabeur now fav to win:wub:

the big bambino

International Captain
I think Tsitsipas is right to criticise Kyrgios but just has the wrong criticisms. I suspect he's right to call Kygios a bully but would be more accurate to call him contemptuous of others and contemptible in character. Calling him evil is a bit harsh but he is a massive jerk and complete tool.

I'm not sure what level of basketball Kyrgios plays but it can't be level of competitiveness found in elite tennis. I don't think its true to call Tsitsipas soft but he did let Kyrgios' toolishness bug him and nothing justifies taking aim at your opponent. He had a bad day.

I've seen Kyrgios tank it as bad as Tomic and wilt under pressure many times. So I think his comment that Tsitsipas is holding himself back to be a wee bit ironic.

Niall

International Coach
Tsitsipas has a reputation for taking the mick when it comes to toilet breaks , Murray and the US Open were fuming with him the other year. I think he done something similar to Zverev also so he may be a berk and he hitting the ball into the crowd wasn't cool whatsoever.

Nick is clearly a berk but he is undeniably compelling , even if most of the time you dislike him. Compare him to players like Ruud, Norrie who are talented etc, but have no presence then yeah lets go Nick.

I do think he is going to get disqualified from a match from an umpire because he is constantly pushing it.