• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

shanerio

Banned
I am waiting for wimblendon to start. Wimblendon is starting on 24 June. I like this tennis tournament very much. Lets see who will win this year wimblendon championship.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
we may as well hand over the french open title to nadal right now...
Well he's on the same side of the draw as Novak Djokovic. It is entirely possible he may not even make the final.

So lame that Nadal and Djokovic are on the same side. But that's how it goes.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So how bout that young Aussie beating Stepanek..

Monfils vs. Gulbis in round 2 is a big match, any value bets Jono (please don't text your asian friend).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You so racist.

The value was Monfils last night @ $5. What, you didn't get on? :ph34r:

In all honesty, the value is Novak Djokovic at anything over $3.50 to win the tournament. Just load the mother **** up. Probably can then hedge when he plays Rafa in the semi as he'll be around $2.50, but even then he's going to beat Rafa.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah, I haven't had a bet yet at the French yet.

Djoker is 3.60 on sportsbet, just 3.00 on sportingbet. In saying that, I'm more interested in betting on some multis in the first or second rounds.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh look Simon's back, Haas must be doing well again. It's going to be tough against Djokovic but not impossible given he has beaten him this season already.
If Tommy has a good Wimbledon he may crack the top 8 in the world again, the last time he was in the top 8 was October 2002. Be pretty remarkable if he comes back to there.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jo vs. Ferrer will be interesting. Ferrer's best ever chance of a Grand Slam final in his life.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think Novak is a huge shout. Can't wait.

Ferrer should beat Jo but I get the feeling that its possible the occasion may get to Ferrer. Time will tell.

Sharapova's record against Serena is awful. Hasn't beaten her in almost a decade. She just does not believe she can win. Can't see anything other than a Serena win.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I enjoyed Sharapova vs. Azarenka, but that Williams vs Errani match was taking the piss. You look at Errani and think how the **** is she ranked as high as she is as Serena looked like she was playing a junior.

In the mens, I'm rooting for Tsonga and I guess Nadal - hope its a classic.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I can't see Tsonga or Ferrer beating Rafa in a best of 5 sets, whereas Tsonga (and probably Ferrer) could beat Novak on their day (see how close Tsonga came last year).

The best result for the tournametn is probably a Tsonga vs. Djokovic final. A Frenchman in the final will be huge, and Djokovic needs the French to get the career grand slam.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Not Rafa Nadal ‏@PseudoRafa 4h
Serena needed 46 minutes to win her semi. For sure me and Nole will still be 1-1 in the first set, no?

Not Rafa Nadal ‏@PseudoRafa 14h
For sure it's been a good season. Two more matches and then see you in 2014?

:laugh:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I'm not sure it's possible to make a @PseudoBirdman anymore

N♡1E ‏@UnitedNole 15h
Looks like @tomasberdych is obsessed with Twitter already
Tomáš Berdych ‏@tomasberdych 15h
@UnitedNole Blue bird inside of me

Tomáš Berdych ‏@tomasberdych 15h
My finger burns...twitter is making him really hot

Tomáš Berdych ‏@tomasberdych 18h
Give me time to get used to it, pls