• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's talk of him hinting towards a Sampras-like glorious retirement after a final flourish, beating his greatest rival in a Slam final (coincidentally, both went into the tournament as No. 17 seeds). He said something along the lines of "I hope to be back next year, but you never know" apparently.

I see no reason why he should do this. If there is one player who can make a Slam semifinal at 39 like Connors did, it's Federer. I hope he plays forever.

indiaholic

International Captain
I think he made that statement in the context of injuries and stuff.. Has mentioned previously that retiring is not a simple process for him: there is a large business and media engine that works around him. So he will have to inform them in advance and prepare.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Farcical ending to the GB v Canada Davis Cup tie, but Edmund was in control. We actually have a couple of decent singles players when Murray isn't around as long as the other countries are missing their big guns.

flibbertyjibber

Interesting way to lose a match there. Guess he was fed up of losing.

On a serious note I hope Tim Henman gets in contact as he did something similar at a young age.

Raceiziendas

Cricket Spectator
Sad but, whan an famous tennis players as is Rafael Nadal get injury it bad, ofc it slow down his carrier and he miss some tournament! Any injury in any sport its sad, but any profesional sport its dangerousm injury hapens! :(

vcs

Incredible choke by Federer against Donskoy there. :@

How the **** did that happen.