• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
As much as I didn't want her to win it, well done Sabalenka, was far and away the best player in the tournament...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to give Medvedev some credit on his serve. He doesn't **** around. 2 bounces and away he goes. A bit different to Zverev's 328 bounces.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Medvedev downed some 1980s style Russian boost juice a couple of games back. Looks like it isn't having the desired effect.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I meant to ask this a couple of days ago, but when Djokovic lost his semi-final, did the spectators at the venue give him the old finger by the eyes pretend crying routine?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Sinner can, along with Carlos represent the future of tennis.

Sasha needs to get mentally tougher, he's too damn talented. Don't dislike Daniil, but not a huge fan of playing backboard.

Looking forward to this generation winning some more majors. Djoker had enough.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
@Niall remains to be seen whether he can maintain this level for a sustained period but looks like you were right about Sinner being the real deal. Beating Djokovic in Melbourne is almost as difficult as beating Nadal at Roland Garros so kudos to him. Novak not being able to get to a single break point on Sinner's serve is the most underrated stat of that match...that takes some doing against the greatest returner in the history of tennis. The comeback from two sets down against Medvedev was the icing on the cake for the young man...a stupendous achievement overall!

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
I see that Sky Sports are launching a new channel dedicated entirely to tennis.

They can show all the ATP and WTA tournaments but I don't think they have the rights to any slams.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
I see that Sky Sports are launching a new channel dedicated entirely to tennis.

They can show all the ATP and WTA tournaments but I don't think they have the rights to any slams.
If not mistaken they only have the 1 channel though - last yeat with Amazon Prime you could watch most matches at most tournaments. I think its just the match Sky put on the tennis channel. Albeit it may be different with Now TV vs a direct Sky customer