• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Molehill

International Captain
If not mistaken they only have the 1 channel though - last yeat with Amazon Prime you could watch most matches at most tournaments. I think its just the match Sky put on the tennis channel. Albeit it may be different with Now TV vs a direct Sky customer
I've had a look on Sky and there's red button options for other courts.

Niall

International Coach
Jarry with the Alcarez scalp and then loses to to the world beater that is erm Diaz Acosta :laugh:

Sinner cruised to a title in Holland, not the toughest run of opponents but handled with no drama.

Nice win for Iga that, Dubai will be interesting though as this is the first event Saba has played since Oz Open.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Who plays Paolini in the final, that's a very bizarre looking final to say the least.
It's a pity...we have a strong upper tier in the WTA right now and usually at least one of those elite players is in the finals of big tournaments...haven't seen too many random pairings like this recently...hopefully it's an exception...

Niall

International Coach
:euro: Yes random finals long term don't do tennis any good, but Kalinskya looking at her form has been on a good run this year so will cheer her on as "lesser of 2 evils".

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I only saw the vids of the conversation after, but swearing alone constitutes a default?

How close did he get to the official? And if that was the problem, why go after him for cursing?

Molehill

International Captain
Wins for De Minaur and Boulter, can't be too often a couple have both won the same week.

Great stuff from Boulter though who seems to have found a level of form not previously seen in her career. Could go well in Indian Wells which suits the big hitters.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wins for De Minaur and Boulter, can't be too often a couple have both won the same week.

Great stuff from Boulter though who seems to have found a level of form not previously seen in her career. Could go well in Indian Wells which suits the big hitters.
It took me a moment to remember that De Minaur and Boulter are an item, and naturally that got me thinking of previous examples of this sort of thing. Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert in the mid-1970s are probably the outstanding example. Maybe Agassi and Graf, although I don't know whether she was still playing when they got together.

Molehill

International Captain
It took me a moment to remember that De Minaur and Boulter are an item, and naturally that got me thinking of previous examples of this sort of thing. Jimmy Connors and Chris Evert in the mid-1970s are probably the outstanding example. Maybe Agassi and Graf, although I don't know whether she was still playing when they got together.
Yes my mind went to Connors and Evert too, and of course more recently Svitolina and Monfils. But pretty certain only the 70’s pair may have won simultaneously.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Graf had already retired when she and Agassi got together…