• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
If Rafa is fit and firing he'll win, but at some point age, fatigue or injury might catch up with him. I don't think Wimbledon has ever been in his plans for the future, but if wins here having won in Australian he might decide it's a worth go if he's feeling fit enough.

Niall

International Coach
I don't think he bothers with Wimbledon as this week has to have been tough on him, even today went three sets.

He should beat Ruud, but it will be tough work, he may just take a few months off and go for the US Open.

Niall

International Coach
Although if Zverev is out of Wimbledon its a weak field isn't it?

Looking at the betting , obviously Novak is fav but then Alcarez who has little grass experience 2nd fav, Berrettini (injured for ages) Tsitipas (rubbish on grass) Zverev (out) and then guys like FAA, Kyrigos , Hurkacz, Cilic and Shapo.

Some of those guys could hit him of the court, but he may only have to deal with one or two so maybe its more tempting than I initially thought.

Niall

International Coach
i don't think he can beat djokovic at wimbledon though...
He probably can't, he might get lucky and someone like a Kyrigos could ambush Novak early, but obviously that could happen Rafa also.

I don't think he will play Wimbledon which means its going to be a lot of people fighting for the chance to lose to Novak in the final.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He probably can't, he might get lucky and someone like a Kyrigos could ambush Novak early, but obviously that could happen Rafa also.

I don't think he will play Wimbledon which means its going to be a lot of people fighting for the chance to lose to Novak in the final.
there are too many people who can beat him an wimbledon...not just djokovic...and yes the douche will in all likelihood win his 21st major there...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although if Zverev is out of Wimbledon its a weak field isn't it?

Looking at the betting , obviously Novak is fav but then Alcarez who has little grass experience 2nd fav, Berrettini (injured for ages) Tsitipas (rubbish on grass) Zverev (out) and then guys like FAA, Kyrigos , Hurkacz, Cilic and Shapo.

Some of those guys could hit him of the court, but he may only have to deal with one or two so maybe its more tempting than I initially thought.
Kyrigos would be an insufferable **** if he wins a singles Slam. Already pushing the boundaries

Shady Slim

International Coach
Kyrigos would be an insufferable **** if he wins a singles Slam. Already pushing the boundaries
yknow i was going to say yeah but novak's obviously worse but then i considered, technically speaking, novak djokovic has probably been the one person responsible for the most releases of asylum seekers in australia in a long time

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yknow i was going to say yeah but novak's obviously worse but then i considered, technically speaking, novak djokovic has probably been the one person responsible for the most releases of asylum seekers in australia in a long time
My thing with Novak is at least he won a few Slams before turning heel. That too was a forced turn as the crowd rejected his face(heh) game.

Nicky is just a douche

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
As Wimbledon has been stripped of ranking points they should do something a bit quirky like ignoring the rankings and having an open draw with no seeding.

Niall

International Coach
Not the most exciting final, but won't do the ladies tour any harm that result. The number one rocking up and owning it is should happen much more often tbh.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I know she still has to put the work in, but the tournament went as expected for Iga.
She won't be as strong a favourite at Wimbledon, but could win it. Expecting a new champion with Barty retired, Halep not fully fit and Kerber and Muga patchy to say the least.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Iga! Coco will get her chances in the future. Grass not her favorite surface but then neither were hard courts until she blitzed through a bunch of them this year…

Niall

International Coach
Coco will get her chances in the future. Grass not her favorite surface but then neither were hard courts until she blitzed through a bunch of them this year…

She has form here, 2019 she burst on the stage by qualifying and then beating Venus who was useful at the time, got to the last 16 and lost to Halep who won it, reached last 16 last year and lost to Kerber who was in great form at the time.

She may not win it, but not many players she should fear whatsoever.

Niall

International Coach
Bad memories of Ferrer wasting everyone's time in his finals v rafa this game.

Last edited: