• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Kasatkina is a very steady, experienced player and she has been playing well recently…if Swiatek is erratic, she is quite capable of taking advantage…

Niall

International Coach
Iga has murdered her the last few times they played tbf.

Iga wasn't in beast mode today at all, but ultimately only dropped 5 games against a useful Pegula, not bad at all.

Bitmap

First Class Debutant
Well that was relentless from Iga. The first 4 games notwithstanding, that was pretty much a one way traffic.

Niall

International Coach
Yeah Kasa can be fun, but anyone with such a dire serve has no business in a Grand Slam Semi Final sadly.

Niall

International Coach
Crap second semi final which got a little "better " in the second set. 56 unforced errors and 26 winners , yuck.

Gauff in the final is a good thing and hopefully its competitive, the ladies side desperately needs rivalries.

Niall

International Coach
iga vs coco...portending what we are likely to see over the next decade in women's tennis?
We can only hope, randoms have had their time, time for some rivalries, dynasties and ultimately some girls absolutely dominating.

The likes of Trevisan and her ilk can make do with those rubbish 250 events.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still expect Emma to be a long term contender and hopefully be in the second week at Wimbledon this year.
Speaking of the second week at Wimbledon, it’s a very different looking schedule this year.
Instead of the second Monday being 4th Round Day followed by Ladies QF Day on Tuesday and Mens QF Day on Wednesday the 4th Round is split over Sunday and Monday and the Ladies and Mens Quarters spilt over Tuesday and Wednesday. Also the Mixed Doubles Final is on Thursday.

Niall

International Coach
I still expect Emma to be a long term contender and hopefully be in the second week at Wimbledon this year.
Speaking of the second week at Wimbledon, it’s a very different looking schedule this year.
Instead of the second Monday being 4th Round Day followed by Ladies QF Day on Tuesday and Mens QF Day on Wednesday the 4th Round is split over Sunday and Monday and the Ladies and Mens Quarters spilt over Tuesday and Wednesday. Also the Mixed Doubles Final is on Thursday.

Oh yeah I don't think anyone call Emma a random atm, maybe if she does little of note for the few years but that's unlikely.

Hopefully she has a good Wimbledon and ideally makes it to the second week, girls like Gauff, Fernandez are possible superstars, they just need to win and be somewhat consistent.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yes i expect raducanu and fernandez to be in the mix for a long time, be a part of the next generation of stars...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Bizarre stuff. 7-6, 6-6 Rafa leading after over three hours and Zverev leaves the court for a medical time out in a wheelchair after his ankle buckled.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Question: Who will present Nadal with the biggest challenge on Sunday, Cilic or Rudd?

Answer: Neither.

Niall

International Coach
I bet Zverev to win Wimbledon the other week,,,this is not ideal at all.

Ruud played really well all week, I suspect a tight 4 setter with Nadal coming through.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yeah...looked serious for sure...and i saw a report speculating that rafa is going to skip wimbledon anyway...