• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SriLanka in India 2022

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Missed all the Pant fun :(

This game is almost certainly ending tomorrow.
Was brilliant - everything you could want - sixes over mid wicket, charge cover drive against pacer, flick overhead sweep, strong cut, playing a shot through his own legs.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Does pant make India’s all time 11,already?What are newer generations people opinion on this?
I'm not newer generation but absolutely at home! Numbers will never do justice to his impact - and his numbers are pretty damn good! In England or New Zealand or South Africa, it might be slightly harder to justify inclusion due to his weakness against swing.

Nikhil99.99

U19 Cricketer
I'm not newer generation but absolutely at home! Numbers will never do justice to his impact - and his numbers are pretty damn good! In England or New Zealand or South Africa, it might be slightly harder to justify inclusion due to his weakness against swing.
Ok,I will edit my post by a bit.

ma1978

State Vice-Captain
I would still take Engineer or Dhoni over Pant given the sheer body of work.

that said, Pant is on a path to become one of the two or three greatest wicketkeeper bats of all time if he can keep this up for another five to seven years or so.

given his age, he has time to be the goat wicketkeeper bat

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would still take Engineer or Dhoni over Pant given the sheer body of work.

that said, Pant is on a path to become one of the two or three greatest wicketkeeper bats of all time if he can keep this up for another five to seven years or so.

given his age, he has time to be the goat wicketkeeper bat
I'd love to see him against a top-tier spin bowler but I don't think there are many around, currently.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sure if India are looking to declare at all. They wanna play out this innings, I feel. They need to try batting under lights in the pink ball test too, coz no one knows when the next one would be. It may well be next year Vs Australia. And they have played far more pink ball stuff and have more experience. So this is necessary for the team and this is just the ****ing second day.

Kirkut

International Regular
I am not sure if India are looking to declare at all. They wanna play out this innings, I feel. They need to try batting under lights in the pink ball test too, coz no one knows when the next one would be. It may well be next year Vs Australia. And they have played far more pink ball stuff and have more experience. So this is necessary for the team and this is just the ****ing second day.
We've had gala time with pink ball tests against England, Bangladesh and Sri Lankans now. Won't say the same if we end up facing Cummins and Co. with the pink ball under lights.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I will give it to Pant.. Impact innings everytime he batted and very tidy keeping under generally tough conditions for a keeper.