• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SriLanka in India 2022

Xix2565

International Debutant
Yeah, not liking what we have seen from Ashwin since the 2nd test in RSA. He seems to have gone back to the guy trying 3 or 4 different balls every over. Dunno if he has concerns about his fitness to bowl a long spell or something, but it is the one aspect that seemed to change how he bowled in SENA a lot, the ability to bowl long and bowl dry without trying too much.

Hopefully it has not deserted him forever and he can go back to it soon when needed.
Do the same when Axar bowls, want his average to go below 10.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Do the same when Axar bowls, want his average to go below 10.
Lol.. I actually posted it after I saw him get the wicket. One good ball does not negate my overall point.

I feel he started bowling better in 2018 once he started trusting his fitness to bowl longer spells and holding the same line and length for a period with very subtle variations thrown in. Right now we are back to T20 type variation-a-ball. I sincerely hope the long break we have from tests this year helps him work on his fitness and get himself right for the next long season.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
And as I said that, the lights come on and the ball moves a touch more, a touch later and a touch faster. Dimuth gone.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Nah this is nonsense. We'll need separate stats for each ball then - Dukes, Kookaburra, SG. They're all different, that's the point.
That would be very tough to keep a track on and confusing for the average viewer. On the other hand, a separate D/N record wouldn't be that easy to understand.

cnerd123

likes this
That would be very tough to keep a track on and confusing for the average viewer. On the other hand, a separate D/N record wouldn't be that easy to understand.
wouldn't really make sense tho. We don't have separate stats for Day/Night ODIs do we? And if it's just because conditions are different then Tests in England should get their own stats compared to tests in India and so on.