• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

BeeGee

International Captain
Why isn't Mills bowling!? McCullum shouldn't be bowling in the powerplay.

I don't understand Taylor's logic.

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
Should've played McKay or Southee instead of NcCullum. We need the death bowling more than the middle over bowling. Styris, Williamson and Elliott have that sown up if we needed it.

We have went form having a huge tail to having a fantastic lower order batting line up. We don't need the likes of Tuffey and Mills batting 10 and 11.

Lostman

State Captain
Why isn't Mills bowling!? McCullum shouldn't be bowling in the powerplay.

I don't understand Taylor's logic.
He was about to bowl but the umpires took the ball away from him? or so it seemed.
Maybe was off the ground for too long.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Haha it worked in the first game; I made plenty. I didn't bet on the second game (luckily).
Apparently they've informed me that my bet still stands because: "If a match is cancelled before any play has taken place, then all bets will be void, unless the match is replayed within 36 hours of its advertised start time, in this case the bets will stand."

When I informed them that I'd placed the bet in-running as NZ were batting first and that the new toss is a new game they replied: "I have had a look at the scorecard for that game. New Zealand won the toss and elected to field. I'm afraid we can't be responsible if a team chooses to bat or to field so the bet will stand as it is placed."

Hopefully NZ will win (or it'll be rained off) but if not I shall continue to complain until I get a refund, especially as the odds pre-toss were different to the ones I got (as a result of NZ winning the toss)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Some quality Heath Davis stories on the Cricinfo commentary.
Yeah, some good stuff there. There was a link to Allan Border's six off Phil Simmon's double-bouncer - I remember watching that live as a kid and thinking it was the best thing ever. Still pretty funny :laugh:

BeeGee

International Captain
Sangakkara has been issued a level 2 charge for the incident with Nathan McCullum. It didn't look like much to me. Weird.

Howsie

International Captain
The game has been abandoned, the bigger news though is that Sangakkara has been charged for his run in with Nathan McCullum, level 2 charge apparently. What does that usually come with?

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
The game has been abandoned, the bigger news though is that Sangakkara has been charged for his run in with Nathan McCullum, level 2 charge apparently. What does that usually come with?

Penalties for offences included in Level 2 of ICC Code of Conduct can range from 50 per cent to 100 per cent of a player's match fee and/or two suspension points, which translates as a suspension of two ODIs or one Test match. The full text of the new code can be found at International Cricket Council - Rules and Regulations.

The same charge Stuart Broad was found guilty of in the second test vs Pakistan

(International Cricket Council - News)

Last edited: