• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka Tour of West Indies 2018

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Alas, seemed to good to be true. Spectacular letdown. Exactly what I was hoping wouldn't happen.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
well done to SL on a deserved win. to knock these off on that absolute shocker of a wicket without our main batsmen is a real achievement. Credit goes to our bowling unit who won us this game and were clearly underestimated..it is a fair result as apart from our shenaningans in the timewasting in the last game, we have played the better cricket of the two sides in the last two games and lost the last match due to our own stupidity..highlights for me have been Mendis and Kumara and that bodes reasonably for the future (hopefully)..
edit: well done to Dowrich and Holder who have been superb for the West Indies all series..

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

What an amazing test match this was.

Congrats to SL for the fight in the Windies second innings. That won them the game.

Windies have to correct the mistakes in the no-ball department, and catching.

What a test match it was for Jason Holder. This could be his breakthrough match.

All in all, an exciting test series. Right up there with the Nihadas Trophy

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
It just deleted my post. How irritating. Anyway, take 2:

Well done Sri Lanka, the 3 seamers were really impressive and to chase those without key batsmen showed real guts.

From our perspective we should have won that series. It was there for the taking but dropped catches, wickets off no balls and terrible top order batting cost us.

We need to drop Devon, move Powell up and bring in Hetmeyer. Having an attacking batsman at 3 on these wickets wont be a bad thing and he'll actually learn a few things. I would also bring in Keemo Paul for Cummins who took no wickets on greentops thought the series.

Well done to the groundsmen for producing great pitches. If they keep that up we'll be competitive, our batsmen will improve and we'll be better overseas too.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I think WI underestimated the SL pace attack and prepared green tracks. Luckily for them SL has lost cream of their batting due to one or other reasons. Karunarathne, Mathews and Chandimal forms the batting core, so WI might have overestimated the strength of SL batting and prepared green seamers to negate them

We might see the same pitches against BAN too, but they have their full batting side available unlike us.

Anyway it has resulted in some nerve tingling matches.
It honestly had nothing to do with Sri Lanka. There has been a big call to add pace and bounce to our pitches to bring our fast bowlers into the game and improve our batsmens technique.

It just so happened that SL have Lakmal and 2 promising seamers who were very impressive. Frankly, if we play Paul instead of Cummins we will have a very impressive seam attack for these conditions that will trouble any team.

Unfortunately our batting is awful and will be for some time. We knew this, I'm just pleased they've taken the plunge and decided to throw our batting in the deep end. We'll be better for it in the long term.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to SL, after they way they've played in these last two games, they definitely deserved a share of the series.

A really fun and evenly matched series to follow.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It honestly had nothing to do with Sri Lanka. There has been a big call to add pace and bounce to our pitches to bring our fast bowlers into the game and improve our batsmens technique.

It just so happened that SL have Lakmal and 2 promising seamers who were very impressive. Frankly, if we play Paul instead of Cummins we will have a very impressive seam attack for these conditions that will trouble any team.
Interesting timing, the same thing happened in India when greentops were prepared under the guise of preparing the Indians for their upcoming SA tour, as a consequence despite being massively outplayed SL were able to walk away with 2 draws as the pitches eased out over the last 2 days.

Burgey

Sad result for world cricket. WI should be awarded the second test on a forfeit. SL get a drawn series as reward for a hissy fit and not taking the field. It’s a farce.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Sad result for world cricket. WI should be awarded the second test on a forfeit. SL get a drawn series as reward for a hissy fit and not taking the field. It’s a farce.
I largely agree although I'm glad that they didn't abandon the Test like occurred in the 2006 England/Pakistan Test as it would've been unfair to the West Indies players taking part and the (admittedly few) spectators that watched it.

Borges

International Regular
With this victory, Sri Lanka complete a sequence of four overseas test tours, each of which they have performed creditably in. They had won against Pakistan last year, drawn two tests in India, won in Bangladesh, and now drawn a difficult seam-dominated series in the West Indies.

Had they not wasted two hours protesting the ball-tampering charge in St Lucia, they might even have returned with the trophy.
Says Andrew Fidel Fernando on espncricinfo.com

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SLCs reaction was the true farce, we know the ICC is piss weak on ball tampering and such. I'm still keen to find out more about what really happened and who was calling the shots though, seemed like some poor officiating and misunderstandings may have caused the 2 hour delay

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Even if this happened they probably would've overturned the result to a draw years later, like they did with the England/Pakistan fiasco.

Bijed

International Regular
Even if this happened they probably would've overturned the result to a draw years later, like they did with the England/Pakistan fiasco.
They reversed that and made made it an England win again later, though, having eventually realised that overturning it to a draw had been basically stupid

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They reversed that and made made it an England win again later, though, having eventually realised that overturning it to a draw had been basically stupid
:laugh: I'd either missed or somehow forgotten that. Farce.

Makes me wonder if changing it back to a draw is on the agenda down the line. Maybe they'll just change the result once every few years.

Jack1

International Debutant
I watched the game for a while and have to say there was basically zero people at the game. I found that strange, especially when the game was exciting and well balanced. It seems no one is interested in cricket in Barbados and the West Indies?