• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Flem274*

123/5
sri lanka what a team. missing two of their best batsmen and two of their best bowlers, one of the four due to selector incompetence, and the many crap players lift their game and rally to help the remaining good players to achieve something subcontinent teams don't do.

in fact have a subcontinent side ever won a series in sa?

Bahseph

State Captain
Can't wait for Faf's interview. If he puts any blame our bowling he can seriously take a hike. Wasn't the best performance but they have literally been the only reason we have won games lately.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
sri lanka what a team. missing two of their best batsmen and two of their best bowlers, one of the four due to selector incompetence, and the many crap players lift their game and rally to help the remaining good players to achieve something subcontinent teams don't do.

in fact have a subcontinent side ever won a series in sa?
I can't see how both Mathews and Chandimal can get back into this team now. I've for a while now thought Mathews would end up a Test opener, and Thirimanne's spot is definitely the most up for grabs.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
What you need is new blood who are told that it's up to them now.
Saf have form for batsmen, especially, taking their time getting used to international cricket not including Smith. AB himself was flattering to deceive for a long time before he came good. It will be much of the same even now.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I’ll be honest, prior to this series, I never expected anything except a whitewash for us..I certainly didn’t expect us to win the series 2-0 and to create history by being the first Asian team to do so. Really proud of the performances by this young team considering our recent form. Great to see our fast bowlers being the leading wicket takers in the series( again a surprise)..well bowled Vishwa and Embuldeniya.. DK managed to do what Chandimal couldn’t and motivated the team to perform and impressed with the debutants we have seen. Just need Thirrimanne our now and probably samarawickrema there instead.
As usual the Proteas show their class in defeat by the manner they have congratulated us despite no doubt hurting. Their behaviour is what earns deserved respect.

Heboric

International Debutant
Saf have form for batsmen, especially, taking their time getting used to international cricket not including Smith. AB himself was flattering to deceive for a long time before he came good. It will be much of the same even now.
You make a good point, unfortunately you are dealing with a beast known as a South African sports 'supporter'.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Huge congrats to SL fans!!!

I am so happy and sad to see the result. Happy for obvious reasons. Sad because it shows India could have won in SA if they got their selection right.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is the biggest thing for me.... i dislike it when people question SL position in test cricket. They have some great talented players and fully deserve this victory.

And I would prefer losing to SL, than India, Aus or Eng......
Seriously I got so sick and tired of people saying “ Bangladesh are probably a better team than Sri Lanka now” in the past year.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seriously I got so sick and tired of people saying “ Bangladesh are probably a better team than Sri Lanka now” in the past year.
In ODIs, they probably are, TBF. Nowhere close in Tests though.