• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of New Zealand 2018/19

M0rphin3

International Debutant
SL has surpassed expectations here tbh, but good job by the lads to close it out fast. Tidy win.

SL might stand a chance if they can get Pradeep back in Oz, tbh.

Jezroy

State Captain
That's NZ's 95th test win

You'd expect 96, 97, 98 to be against Bangladesh

Then you've got 2 vs SL
2 vs Eng
3 vs Aus
2 vs Ind

Wonder which one will be the 100th?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SL has surpassed expectations here tbh, but good job by the lads to close it out fast. Tidy win.

SL might stand a chance if they can get Pradeep back in Oz, tbh.
Matthews probably won't play so very concerned on the batting front tbh

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
That's NZ's 95th test win

You'd expect 96, 97, 98 to be against Bangladesh

Then you've got 2 vs SL
2 vs Eng
3 vs Aus
2 vs Ind

Wonder which one will be the 100th?
95th test win? congratulation !

we {india} won 150th at Melbourne today

Gomez656

U19 Cricketer
Guptill, D.Bracewell & Neesham returned in NZ Limited over Team vs Lanka

january 3/5/8 & 11 (3 ODI & Only t20i)

ODI and T20I Squad: Srilanka
Lasith Malinga (c), Niroshan Dickwella (vc), Angelo Mathews, Danushka Gunathilaka, Kusal Perera Dinesh Chandimal, Asela Gunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Dhananjaya De Silva, Thisara Perera, Dasun Shanaka, Lakshan Sandakan, Seekkuge Prasanna, Dushmantha Chameera, Kasun Rajitha, Nuwan Pradeep, Lahiru Kumara

New Zealand squad for the ODI series v Sri Lanka
: Kane Williamson (c), Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Colin Munro, Jimmy Neesham, Henry Nicholls, Tim Seifert, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Mathews was such a tool. Karama is a bitch if he didin't know already. Hathurusinghe and the team management was absolutely correct on his fitness. Mathews and Asantha de Mel has acted as arses.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Matthews probably won't play so very concerned on the batting front tbh
Dropping DdS was a huuuuge mistake. He took vital wickets when needed, and he was dropped for a #6 batsman. DdS and Chandimal could have easily swapped positions.
Chandimal at #3 is a good choice. Currently SL's best batsman against genuine pace and bounce.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
Some very big plusses from this series , under pressure openers finally showing form although raval needs a few more runs to cement his place , will young will probably have to wait until roscoe retires after the world cup , Nicholls was fantastic , CDG was , well himself bowling wise bit hit and miss axar found it hard going in NZ conditions, feel sorry for Henry , what quality to have as a back up .

Flem274*

123/5
im surprised they didn't give kuggs or tickner a run. i guess they're happy enough to go into the wc with boult, southee, henry, lockie as the 4 quicks in the 15 with santa and sodhi picking up spin duties. that'd leave two spots for an extra allrounder and/or a batsman/keeper

criccontent

Cricket Spectator
Hi All,
I am new to this forum

Sri Lana made a big mistake in dropping Rajitha and Dhananjaya for this match. I can't understand why they keep selecting useless Dhanushka Gunatilaka. Dushmantha Chameera never found his rhythm after his 2016 injury come back

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hi All,
I am new to this forum

Sri Lana made a big mistake in dropping Rajitha and Dhananjaya for this match. I can't understand why they keep selecting useless Dhanushka Gunatilaka. Dushmantha Chameera never found his rhythm after his 2016 injury come back
Welcome to the forum.
I think they dropped Kasun because he was not penetrative enough on these NZ wickets. i like him.

criccontent

Cricket Spectator
Thanks mate for the welcome.
Kasun Rajitha is far better than Chameera at the moment. It's true that he was not penetrative enough in flat pitch in Wellington. Then they should have go with Nuwan Pradeep

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Fingers crossed for this XI:

Guptill
Munro
Williamson
Taylor
Nicholls
Neesham
Seifert
Henry
Sodhi
Ferguson
Boult

omitted: Bracewell, Southee

Seifert may be better suited higher up the order, but also may be of more value to the side if he can make a success of biffing from 6 or 7.

I guess an alternative could be Nicholls out, Seifert at 5 and Bracewell at 7 - that's probably more likely as the above lineup is short of bowling. I don't usually like to wish ill on one of our players but I hope Bracewell fails. Or if he must succeed then it needs to be huge - show us something with the bat like 80*(50) at the end, that would surprise us. Anything middling is a waste of space.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
1.30pm NZ win the toss and choose to bat first
Williamson: Looks like a good surface and we want to use if first up. It looks hard and will hold together. The two missing out and Bracewell and Southee.
wag

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I feel very uneasy about Neesham as the fifth bowler. You better be ready for some Munro anti-cricket bowling to make up the overs.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I feel very uneasy about Neesham as the fifth bowler. You better be ready for some Munro anti-cricket bowling to make up the overs.
But I love Munro's (new) bowling.

5th bowler:
Munro - 5
Williamson - 2
Neesham - 2
Guptill - 1

Last edited: