• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Still the best ever leave in cricket to be bowled leg stump inside your body.

Disappointing from the Lankans. There was runs on that pitch today.
Yes four poor shot selections again...Then in the field we drop Amla too!!

slippy888

International Captain
Time for Malinga to come back in team and be captain at least he would bring some fight and guts in this weakling team

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Time for Malinga to come back in team and be captain at least he would bring some fight and guts in this weakling team
No chance -his only loyalty is to his master's in the ipl..Angie is the captain and that shouldn't change in this format or tests..T20's could go to someone else just to lighten the workload on Mathews.
The selections are poor,if it were me I would pick
Tharanga, Desilva, Dickwella,Mendis,Mathews, Siriwardena, Shanaka,Kusal P, Kumara Lakmal,Sandakan/Vandersay

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Malinga can play 50 overs and 20 20 the Sri Lanka selectors are refusing to pick him
I believe he took himself out of contention as he hadn't recovered from a bout if Dengue fever..I am sure he will be fine for the ipl tho miraculously

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Congrats to the Proteas on a deserved series win. They haven't broken sweat so far in the seties.hopefully we can compete in the remaining games but can't see it if I am honest.

Niall

International Coach
I believe he took himself out of contention as he hadn't recovered from a bout if Dengue fever..I am sure he will be fine for the ipl tho miraculously
His recent IPL outings have been underwhelming also.

I like the guy, but he really isn't the solution to anything these days sadly.

No disrespect to Sri Lanka, but surely saffers should be resting Rabada in games like this?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
No disrespect to Sri Lanka, but surely saffers should be resting Rabada in games like this?
Can`t, if Ngini was in the squad and not injured then he possibly would have been rested. He got the T20`s off though...

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Just a poor performance from SL batting again... don`t think the pitch was quite the standard Wanders 350+ belter, but at least 280+. I have to admit that the loss of Abbott has made me very uncertain of our LO bowling and with the SL batsmen performance no real answers are being given.

I`m wandering if Philander should be in the squad, Champions trophy in England so any sort of movement he should exploit it well. Would prefer Philander over Parnell....