• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chandimal is having a shocker of a series. Top score of the tour is 60 against an Invitational XI, with only one innings above 30 against South Africa proper. Lot of the other guys who failed are young, never toured here before etc. but not many excuses you can conjure up for the VC.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just a poor performance from SL batting again... don`t think the pitch was quite the standard Wanders 350+ belter, but at least 280+. I have to admit that the loss of Abbott has made me very uncertain of our LO bowling and with the SL batsmen performance no real answers are being given.

I`m wandering if Philander should be in the squad, Champions trophy in England so any sort of movement he should exploit it well. Would prefer Philander over Parnell....
I think we just have to move forward with what we've got. Morkel may be back for New Zealand ? Philander to me is test quality and we need to look after him there. Sure there are questions to be answered re: Parnell, Morris, Pretorius, Ngidi and youthful Rabada but lets find them out in New Zealand. II reckon it is all we can do.

SeamUp

International Coach
Chandimal is having a shocker of a series. Top score of the tour is 60 against an Invitational XI, with only one innings above 30 against South Africa proper. Lot of the other guys who failed are young, never toured here before etc. but not many excuses you can conjure up for the VC.
As a senior batsman he certainly should be looking over his shoulder moving forward. Been really disappointing.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Absolutely agree. For me,he has the talent but always throws his wicket away with a silly shot. I know he has an aggressive nature when batting but surely the coaches can sit down with him and a laptop and talk about shot selection?

Marius

International Debutant
Shamsi in for Morris, 2 spinners for SA at CT! Chandimal dropped.
Decent side I think.

Will be interesting to see how Shamsi goes.

But SA plays two spinners in the LO stuff fairly often these days, especially T20s.

On that note, what's happened to Eddie Leie, is he injured?

SeamUp

International Coach
Where is Hashim Amla now as an ODI player ? Extra pace seems to be rattling him a bit and then a Hazlewood type also giving him problems. I wonder if he will be around in this format come 2019 ?

SeamUp

International Coach
Decent side I think.

Will be interesting to see how Shamsi goes.

But SA plays two spinners in the LO stuff fairly often these days, especially T20s.

On that note, what's happened to Eddie Leie, is he injured?
Had problems with his action and also injury.

Bjorn Fortuin very much the spinner climbing the ladder at the Lions.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Where is Hashim Amla now as an ODI player ? Extra pace seems to be rattling him a bit and then a Hazlewood type also giving him problems. I wonder if he will be around in this format come 2019 ?
He hasn`t really failed, not scored some of the big innings we are used to but got some starts and scored a good fifty in PE, lets see how he goes in NZ and maybe Eng. Still think he will be opening come 2019.

SeamUp

International Coach
He hasn`t really failed, not scored some of the big innings we are used to but got some starts and scored a good fifty in PE, lets see how he goes in NZ and maybe Eng. Still think he will be opening come 2019.
Definitely safe for a while but I see his peak career sort of finished and it seems more of a battle of late. In 2019 he will be 36 so I still don't think 2019 is a definite.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Think the highest score record is in danger today..Far to easy for SA. We are just gifting runs without any intent of making them work for them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Man I thought Australia v Pakistan was bad. This is already difficult to watch and AB + Faf haven't even started to open up yet.