• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/2017

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Sri Lanka have done okay on this tour. Much better than I expected. At least they won the T20 series. I don't think India is capable of winning any series in South Africa. It will be very interesting to see how Bangladesh does on their tour to Sri Lanka which I believe is next month.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I would have liked to see dhananjaya open with tharanga and the big dick at three with mendis moving to five after chandimal.our line up looks bowler heavy to me especially when we are failing to hit 200 consistently.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Everyone digging out Sri Lanka as if they are some some associate team. They recently beat australia 3-0 in test series ffs. Conditions make a difference and these score lines can happen

SeamUp

International Coach
Great start by Pretorius.

Pace of KG and Morris flying off the bat when SRL make contact.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's going to take a while for Sri Lanka to become competitive while touring away from Asia. Players like Muralitharan, Sangakkara, Jayawardene etc. do not come along very often.

Tom Flint

International Regular
It's going to take a while for Sri Lanka to become competitive while touring away from Asia. Players like Muralitharan, Sangakkara, Jayawardene etc. do not come along very often.
I can't remember too many away test series victories for anyone in the last 3 years never mind Sri Lanka.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I can't remember too many away test series victories for anyone in the last 3 years never mind Sri Lanka.
Yes that's true. It's not the losing that annoys me as a SL fan-SA are a very very good team but it's the **** shot selection from our batsmen, particularly the youngsters that's disappointing.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Yep the bowlers actually got the team in a couple of half decent positions in the test series only for your bats to throw their wicket away having got to a start. But you will win test matches and series when u next play at home and will look a completely different team

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes, no one's expecting them to win or even draw series away from Asia, but they could be more competitive. Chandimal etc. should be showing more responsibility and better application by this point.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Chandimal should have been sent out there with the instructions to bat through the innings..Come on, basic club cricket guys..

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Had to go out so only seeing scorecard but looks like we obtained make 200 again...Bored of continually hearing poor shot from chandimal...

Bijed

International Regular
Cricinfo said:
Yikes, the bees are back, again. De Kock swatting them away with his right glove. The two umpires converge somehow, and they take drinks. Looks like the bees have found a new home in De Kock's helmet.
Ouch

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
swarm of bees... some amusing scenes with fire extinguisher, doesn`t work (not unexpectedly). Looks like players are off now after a 15 min delay already.