• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Not sure about Sangakkara's dismissal. That noise could have come from anywhere and there was no hotspot evidence.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure about Sangakkara's dismissal. That noise could have come from anywhere and there was no hotspot evidence.
Yeah there was evidence on hotspot on the last camera angle they used. That's why the decision was made very soon after that angle was looked at.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Next job is to not just think the job is done now that Sanga is out. Silva, Mathews and Chandimal could still score runs here.

Blocky

Banned
Next job is to not just think the job is done now that Sanga is out. Silva, Mathews and Chandimal could still score runs here.
Game is basically over now though - they've got a scoring rate in excess of four and they're in a consolidation phase that will probably last another 10-20 overs. The Sanga dismissal stopped the game being a competitive one, it will now in all likelihood meander out to a draw.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
For sure, still looks like a good track to bat on, unless Craig gets some freakish turn. There's no reason SL can't last another 70 odd overs for the draw if they really apply themselves & have a touch of luck.

Flem274*

123/5
southee's average barely comes down when he takes a wicket but each run seems to make it skyrocket.

not fair. he should have a better career record than boulteh.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Game is basically over now though - they've got a scoring rate in excess of four and they're in a consolidation phase that will probably last another 10-20 overs. The Sanga dismissal stopped the game being a competitive one, it will now in all likelihood meander out to a draw.
Game over like we both said when McCullum was dismissed on Day 3?

That wicket took SL's chance of winning from something like 2% to 1% in my mind. Though my comment was also directed at pushing for a win rather than petering out as a draw.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
NZonly need 4 more wickets as our tail wont be able to save this game if it comes to it..wouldnt surprise me if i wake up tomorrow morning to find we have lost the game.

Blocky

Banned
Game over like we both said when McCullum was dismissed on Day 3?

That wicket took SL's chance of winning from something like 2% to 1% in my mind. Though my comment was also directed at pushing for a win rather than petering out as a draw.
I think the fact that Sanga was going at width and looking for boundaries indicate that they felt they had a good shot. But I think now they'll shut up shop and the only bowler we have that has consistently taken wickets when the pitch is dead is sitting on the sidelines because we wanted to try a guy who spends more time drinking and smashing bottles with his bare feet than he does perform for NZ.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
off to bed now, congrats to NZ on a deserved series win, at least we made a bit more of a two sided contest this match after being blown away in the first by BMac..