• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Said it before & I'll say it again, if you're going to use Hot-spot & snicko, that one had to be out....otherwise, don't bother with using them at all,

Snicko clearly registered right as that passed the bat and then the hot-spot showed something on the last replay angle.

I would have had a big moan had that not been given.

Huge wicket.
Bang on. I thought the other Boult one in the first innings - I forget the batsman (Silva?) - was a poor decision as it was much less conclusive and it seemed like our NZ posters willed it to be out rather than any conclusive evidence.

But that one, the evidence was right there. Not as conclusive as a man standing over a dead body with a dripping murder weapon, but still out.

thierry henry

International Coach
Cricinfo now choosing to only post user comments from people who think it was the wrong decision and apparently missed the second hot-spot angle

Flem274*

123/5
need to get through the out of nick thirimanne asap so we can put mathews under as much pressure as possible

dougeh sounded very likely on the radio.

Blocky

Banned
The lack of consistency in what evidence they use to overturn decisions makes that so much more controversial. Sri Lanka very hard done by there.

thierry henry

International Coach
Bang on. I thought the other Boult one in the first innings - I forget the batsman (Silva?) - was a poor decision as it was much less conclusive and it seemed like our NZ posters willed it to be out rather than any conclusive evidence.

But that one, the evidence was right there. Not as conclusive as a man standing over a dead body with a dripping murder weapon, but still out.
More conclusive imo, AFAIK you're technically not out just because someone probably murdered you

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was out of the room, was the Bracewell no-ball LBW hitting enough of the stumps to overturn the decision?

YorksLanka

International Debutant
I was sceptical from the first replay, but the combination of the noise on Snicko and the faint spot on the underside of the bat in the second angle can only be indicative of a thin edge.
i agree, i was the same but if DRS proves the correct decision is out, then you cant complain if it goes against your team..

Viddly

Cricket Spectator
History also suggested that double centuries were a lot harder than you think, and that hitting 300 runs in ODI's were a lot harder than you think too. The problem with history is that it doesn't take into account the modern batsman, with the modern bat, on modern pitches. You basically have to discount anything before about 2005 if you want a realistic idea of scoring rates in test cricket these days.
Not sure where you're going with this, do you actually think Sri Lanka will win?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup, you've also got to be on the balls of your feet on google using 'last hour' filters...a lot of these streams open and shut constantly.. I always manage to find one if I need to.

Last edited by a moderator: