• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha Steve you're so much grumpier since your move across the Tasman. Is the disappointment of the casual fan compared to the CW Aussie guns wearing you down?
Haha am I? It's definitely an overexposure to Australian people that has caused it. Plus flies. I absolutely hate flies.

Nah I love Melbourne, the locals are good folk, and there's some bloody knowledgeable ones on CW. Honestly, I think it's the CH9 product that wears me down. I'm no T20 fan but the Big Bash has widowed the mrs, top coverage and gee there's been some belting matches.

But CH9 is like the tap water over here. It's ****, but I have no other choice but to consume it.

Blocky

Banned
I know there is a similar thread dealing with Williamson, but what could actually go wrong for him now? Massive attitude problem? Debilitating injury? Massive loss of form? And none of those seem overly likely. Guy could end up with 40 test centuries.
Massive loss of confidence in his technique, not being able to adjust to being a captain, trying to turn himself into an IPL T20 player and suffering as a result, NZ going back to the Green decks it used to have.

Blocky

Banned
What would we take this session? Another 80/0 or say a 120/4? Do we want a session or just half a session bowling at them today if we go for the win? Or do we just grind them into the ground, put 350-400 up and leave it to whether or not out bowlers are brilliant tomorrow?

Personally like the idea of getting 20 overs with this ball today, to give us a crack with the second new ball tomorrow.

Flem274*

123/5
10 more runs gives us something to bowl at.

60 more gives us something substantial.

110 more runs and we're in business.

210 more and Sri Lanka can't win.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What would we take this session? Another 80/0 or say a 120/4? Do we want a session or just half a session bowling at them today if we go for the win? Or do we just grind them into the ground, put 350-400 up and leave it to whether or not out bowlers are brilliant tomorrow?

Personally like the idea of getting 20 overs with this ball today, to give us a crack with the second new ball tomorrow.
The 80/0 option by far for me. We're 1-nil up remember & won't a 1-0 series result be enough to get us up to 5th on the test rankings, or do we need to win it 2-0 for that?

The ICC ratings predictor seems to be down atm.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
The 80/0 option by far for me. We're 1-nil up remember & won't a 1-0 series result by enough to get us up to 5th on the test rankings, or do we need to win it 2-0 for that?
The series doesn't matter, we need points from this match either from a draw or a win to go up to five. The game itself is in consideration, winning a series gives us no further points except to say that we would've got more points from each of the games.

Say for instance we were on the same amount of points but drew the first match instead, drawing this match and having an 0-0 series would still give us the points.

Binkley

U19 Captain
Cricinfo seems to be able to detect that I am also following this thread. Their coverage is suddenly accompanied by advertisements for "the gentlemen's club waistcoat" by Sherman Carter.

Blocky

Banned
Depends what your take is on the rankings.. if you really want NZ to go up into the Top Three then you'd want McCullum to risk a drawn series in order to win 2-0 to get the extra points.

Theres the 200 run lead.

Williamson back to looking good out there instead of scratchy.