• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

akilana

International 12th Man
What a mess of a situation. Eagerly awaiting the official police report or a statement from the PCB or ICC.

If any of the above is true, and multiple players are involved I would expect nothing less than Pakistan to be given a ban from international cricket. Many felt that this was coming considering the amount of shady characters in and around the Pakistan team. How Asif is still allowed to play international cricket is astounding.

The people of Pakistan have enough issues as it is without their revered side making a mockery of the sport.
why?

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain

Butt looks as if he's been photoshopped in.

or is that intended, just to put the three together? :laugh:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ive been absolutely glued to this test series, now I'm remembering how I felt when Hansiegate started. One of the greatest fightbacks in the history of cricket, to naught?.. Okay Amir was possibly paid to bowl the odd no ball, not fix a test match, but where do you draw the line? And how much do we still not know? Going to be an interesting day tomorrow..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Now I can't help but wonder about other things in cricket, like the Indian team collapsing against Australia, or Ponting's part timer decision in Nagpur. The whole sport is tainted and integrity is back in question. Absolutely ridiculous. Ban for life.

It definitely looks like the Aus-Pak Test in Syndey was a fix. Who knows which else were as well?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
But we now are not going to do any results for the next two games because we want Salman Butt to be captain long term
Thats pretty shocking how manipulative it is. Also this made me a bit mad too...

Whenever we couldn't get a wicket I'd have a lump of Vaseline on my hand. Shake their hand. They'd put it on one side of the ball and the ball would suddenly start in-swinging
Of course all this could be just the guy showing off to the report to get more money. But something inside me says its all true :@

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
If this is true, Amir, Butt and Kamran should be banned for at least five years, Asif for life.

I honestly think the root of the problem is elsewhere within Pakistan. This goes deeper than greedy players.

Langeveldt

Soutie
This story is number one on the BBC's most read stories of the day.. Even if these allegations are baseless, damage has already been done..

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Now I can't help but wonder about other things in cricket, like the Indian team collapsing against Australia, or Ponting's part timer decision in Nagpur. The whole sport is tainted and integrity is back in question.
Derek Pringle getting all those international call-ups...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Five years? For life, without question. And the relevant bodies should sue everyone of them big time. For example, Lord's might have to cancel the match and they need to sue for loss of income. Bankrupt the lot.

pakster

U19 12th Man
I feel absolutely gutted. I do not care how little money the Pakistani players earn in comparison to others, there is absolutely no excuse for bringing yourself, your team and your country into disrepute. And for Aamir, the one shining light in this shambles of a Pakistani team, to be so directly implicated, makes it all the worse. To do this at the best of times is criminal, but to do so when your country is being ravaged by floods and torn apart by political unrest is just utterly and completely grotesque.

This test match shouldn't be cut short; it should continue. Let the Pakistani players play their final test in full gaze of the braying media and fans. Let the boos echo throughout Lords. Cheats and liars deserve no respect.

Lifetime ban for everybody involved. That includes Aamir, unfortunately.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Derek Pringle getting all those international call-ups...
Frankly, as pasag said on MSN, and I agree, I don't think it's in the character of Ponting or Sachin, or whoever to do it. But the sickest part of this is that now it's all up in the air.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
It definitely looks like the Aus-Pak Test in Syndey was a fix. Who knows which else were as well?
Not sure what evidence there is for this. The source of the only evidence (other than what happened in the game itself) is far from a reliable witness.

NasserFan207

Five years? For life, without question. And the relevant bodies should sue everyone of them big time. For example, Lord's might have to cancel the match and they need to sue for loss of income. Bankrupt the lot.
We can ban the players, but I honestly dont think it will solve anything. This is a pakistan cricket problem. FFS, Amir is 18. I wouldn't be surprised if these players were groomed.

Also, **** off with accusing other players who have nothing to do with this. Enough is enough ffs.

pskov

International 12th Man
Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole are two examples of them printing bollocks that spring to mind
True. However that was part of their 'make **** up about celebrities' wing rather than their investigate wing.

Seriously though, the no-ball issue for which there is the video evidence seems pretty much cut and dried to me unfortunately. The fact that Scotland Yard have taken it seriously enough to launch their own investigation and are arresting people says something. The other alleged incidents mentioned in articles could well be just the guy involved spouting crap to make himself sound like a bigger player than he really is. At least I hope so.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We can ban the players, but I honestly dont think it will solve anything. This is a pakistan cricket problem. FFS, Amir is 18. I wouldn't be surprised if these players were groomed.
That is true undoubtedly, but that doesn't excuse the player himself. Ban for life and sue until bankrupt.

NasserFan207

That is true undoubtedly, but that doesn't excuse the player himself. Ban for life and sue until bankrupt.
**** that, find out the real source of the problem and destroy them, not a young kid.

Obviously I agree with the bans, they can't be allowed to play first class cricket after this, if true.

Faisal1985

I seriously am feeling as if someone died in my family ( God Forbid). This is nothing short of it. And my personal feeling is that this is true. Even though my heart says...please don't be true...please come out clean from this..please don't be true.....but my mind is saying it is true....

You guys have no idea what my sentiments are at the moment...i don't have many words to explain and i am just hoping against hope its not true.