• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It will be all the more painful if the West Indies win these last two games. Simply put, Langeveledt is not the hero for South Africa, but rathe Bradshaw is. For a man who can supposedly handle pressure, that was a "drop me please" shot. Powell is surely out of contention after playing arguably the worst single match ever, but unfortunately Bradshaw is our best bowler and thus can't be sacked for practically handing the game over. Langeveldt must be over the moon owing West Indian stupidity. 8-)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Arjun said:
This is embarassing....on a fan site for Indian cricket, this article was written on that renegade match referee, Chris Broad. Then the Daily Times, Pakistan, copied it word by word for their sports page. If some fan can go so far, why can't any of us?
Can I ask what part your referring to as embarrassing?
What the article says?
That some random poster had his work published?
Chris Broad is still match refereeing?
That we should be allowed to talk and criticise Broad??

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Can I ask what part your referring to as embarrassing?
What the article says?
That some random poster had his work published?
Chris Broad is still match refereeing?
That we should be allowed to talk and criticise Broad??
Some fan who runs that site wrote that article for the site, and a newspaper copied it word by word. If he can 'inspire' a newspaper, why can't we?

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Arjun said:
Some fan who runs that site wrote that article for the site, and a newspaper copied it word by word. If he can 'inspire' a newspaper, why can't we?
Can't be a very good newspaper then...

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
For those interested...

Less than analytical thoughts of a bewildered West Indian onlooker
The Debacle of the Kensington Oval.
An article which shows the Windies fan has got used to the fact that the team will shock him with the defeats worse than before. Like you said .. worse than the collapses you mentioned about.

But the Windies fan still cant cope up with the shocks although he knows he is going to get them.

Ended it will with the Rally round the Windies.

Its not some thing which will happen like magic and the problems will be solved with a miacle happening. There has to be serious looking at the problems which I dread will not happen ever.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pratyush said:
An article which shows the Windies fan has got used to the fact that the team will shock him with the defeats worse than before. Like you said .. worse than the collapses you mentioned about.

But the Windies fan still cant cope up with the shocks although he knows he is going to get them.

Ended it will with the Rally round the Windies.

Its not some thing which will happen like magic and the problems will be solved with a miacle happening. There has to be serious looking at the problems which I dread will not happen ever.
I know this. We all know this. We're numb, not ignorant.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I know this. We all know this. We're numb, not ignorant.
Okay I tried to say what I though of it.

Now I thought people like reviews on what they write.

Obviously you dont appreciate that I made an effort to give one. I will make sure I dont do that for you again.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
Okay I tried to say what I though of it.

Now I thought people like reviews on what they write.

Obviously you dont appreciate that I made an effort to give one. I will make sure I dont do that for you again.
But he agreed with you!

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Amazed 'slogging' and 'wickets don't matter' haven't been mentioned as yet...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: They're playing a Pro20. Slogging's what it's all about. Go Windies.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Seems like Saffies don't even want to play 20 overs the way they're going along. On the other hand, here comes Kallis....;)