• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
kof98 said:
Apparently there was a boundary that was not called (given as two runs) when the umpire did not refer it to the third umpire.
Yeah, Pollock to Gayle earlier on. Fielded by Ntini with a foot on the rope at third man.

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
This is just a shame! How on earth did we manage to lose... well its WI so its expected.. only they could lose so spectacular/stupidly... WI rebuilding my ar$e!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Yeah, Pollock to Gayle earlier on. Fielded by Ntini with a foot on the rope at third man.
Hmm, a dodgy one then.

Add in the over rate (when was the last time a side was actually penalised in game for that?!)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wow, annoyed that I didnt watch this..

Not every day you're current favourite batsman scores 100 and one of your fave bowlers takes a hat trick in the same game..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
What a finish!
Yes !! Great Finish !! What a great over. :)

Somehow I feel that If this match had involved India/Pakistan, it would have been declared fixed by now by most of the members ;)

shaka

International Regular
It was a great finish indeed. Good batting by Dippenaar and bowling by Nel, Langeveldt and the rest of the Bowlers.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm in shock. I was worried that boundary might have an eefct but still what the heck were Powell and Bradshaw doing?

Link

State Vice-Captain
honestbharani said:
Shame about the Windies lower order........ They have got to be the worst ones going around, even worser than India, IMHO.
didnt do too bad against england in the Champions Trophy

jot1

State Vice-Captain
SupaFreak2005 said:
This is just a shame! How on earth did we manage to lose... well its WI so its expected.. only they could lose so spectacular/stupidly... WI rebuilding my ar$e!
Not true! :p :) I can remember us doing it a couple of times. World cup..... But not this time. Great bowling Langeveldt.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So no Smith for the next 4 games.

Just a small point, but if a player has some games suspension left over at the time of the Superseries, can he play or not?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
A lot of grey areas exist with regards to suspensions. I would prefer it being standardised as much as possible by the ICC defining clearly what comes under the various levels or degrees of offences.

As far as I know, they just have set various levels and maximum bans etc.

Please clarify some one on this.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:

Just a small point, but if a player has some games suspension left over at the time of the Superseries, can he play or not?
As the matches are official ODIs I'd say yes, but the problem then arises in that every player in the world serving a suspension would have "served" one game of their ban (seeing as every player is technically eligible).

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:

Shock horror.. how is it that a non sub continent player got banned! :p