• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa v West Indies

jot1

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Can anyone explain the logic in moving Gibbs to the middle order and replacing him with Dippenaar?
The reason for doing that was to try and bolster the middle order batting as we were having problems there. That was the reason given here. Gibbs was chosen as he felt he would do very well down the batting order.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
The Windies crowds are fantastic. Colourful, energetic, very vocal, and the grounds are full. There is also quite a large Saffies contingent. Makes one wish one was there. TV can never compare to the atmosphere of a packed, rocking stadium.

faheem

Cricket Spectator
WI v SA Cricket Audio

I have a website called http://www.letstalkcricket.com/ where I have uploaded the post match analysis and the player interviews for all those guys that did not get a chance to listen to it.

Membership is free and easy!!

http://www.letstalkcricket.com/ I think the first daily online audio cricket magazine.

If there is any other audio or even live stream that people would like please let me know and I will try and upload it

Pass the link to your friends and help support the site

shaka

International Regular
Chanderpaul has never been the quickest scorer of runs. 30 odd runs in 90 odd deliveries backs this up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
shaka said:
Chanderpaul has never been the quickest scorer of runs. 30 odd runs in 90 odd deliveries backs this up.
He scored the second fastest ton of all time in test cricket, or something like that, when Australia last toured the WI.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
He scored the second fastest ton of all time in test cricket, or something like that, when Australia last toured the WI.
That was more of a flash in the pan than anything else. He is not known as a quick scorer, but he can when the conditions suit.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
roseboy64 said:
South Africa narrowly beat the Jamaica XI by 29 runs.
Scores:
SA- 245 all out (50 ov)
-Dippenaar 64, Boucher 59, Prince 32, Lawson 4-39, B Brown 4-41

JA- 216 all out (46.1 ov)
-Gordon 70, B Brown 37*, Clarke 23, Pollock 4-18 (8ov), Nel 2-36 (7ov)

Notables: SA- de Villiers 0, Kemp 21, Ontong 0-53 (7ov), Langeveldt 1-32 (9ov)
JA- Marshall 11, Samuels 6, Baugh 13, Washington 0-20 (4ov)
Good to see Lawson doing well. Bowled with a bit of pace but his line and length were good. Doesn't help convincing the selectors when you score 11, 6 and 13.

Steulen

International Regular
What a finish!

Now where's that "who's the best death bowler?" thread?
283/7 to 283ao between 49.2 and 49.5 chasing 284...CLASSIC STUFF!!!! LEGENDARY!!!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ignorance in barbados, how did WI loose that they are so laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
but credit for langevelt for followin the old sayin of bowling full at the death

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
aussie said:
ignorance in barbados, how did WI loose that they are so laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
but credit for langevelt for followin the old sayin of bowling full at the death
It wasn't that full - it was good to full length and the WI tail weren't competent enough to deal with the ones that did for them. Bradshaw played across the line and Powell's shot was woeful.

As soon as that happened I called the hat-trick, and it was a damn good ball - reverse swing and all - to clean up Corey C. It would have accounted for a lot of much better players.

kof98

U19 12th Man
Apparently there was a boundary that was not called (given as two runs) when the umpire did not refer it to the third umpire.