• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa Tour of Sri Lanka 2018

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Klaasen is apparently injured as well, so I presume Markram will comeback in and de Kock or JP will captain. Don’t think Markram needs that gig again at the moment.

SeamUp

International Coach
I've heard quite a few people say you would be surprised by Quinny's cricket brain.

But unless they looking to the future you got to think they will go with JP.

Definitely give Markram breathing space.

Dendarii

International Debutant
De Kock did captain the SA under-19 team, although that was obviously some time ago and I don't know how much he's captained since then. But that does mean that maybe he's not quite the strange choice that he seems at first mention.

SeamUp

International Coach
Is it just me, or does Dala have a little bit of Tino Best about him.
:laugh:

Can see why you say it. Stocky and looks like his run up is quick short steps.

Suppose this is one of the interesting points now. Does he keep Steyn and maybe Morris out the 15 man squad.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Suppose this is one of the interesting points now. Does he keep Steyn and maybe Morris out the 15 man squad.
If he goes well then I could definitely see him being selected ahead of Steyn as the backup quick bowler. Morris might still make up the squad as the backup allrounder, although that does depend on how they decide to balance the squad.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Can't see Dala keeping Steyn out at this stage; Andile could keep Morris out.

I was actually happy with the selection here, give the others a go. Glad they went for Klaasens over Markram.

SeamUp

International Coach
If he goes well then I could definitely see him being selected ahead of Steyn as the backup quick bowler. Morris might still make up the squad as the backup allrounder, although that does depend on how they decide to balance the squad.
Can't see Dala keeping Steyn out at this stage; Andile could keep Morris out.

I was actually happy with the selection here, give the others a go. Glad they went for Klaasens over Markram.
If we talking positions up for grabs

Dala or Steyn or Morris
2 ofLucky, Mulder, Morris

Final one

2 of Shamsi, Kesh, Tahir

Is it bad of me wanting it to be Kesh & Shamsi

Bolo

State Captain
That lbw review seemed a bit strange. I think it was probably bat first, but how is the 3rd umpire confident enough to not view that a few times? I've been seeing a couple of these instant 3rd umpire calls that were very close recently that you would think they would take an extra 10 seconds in to view again.

SeamUp

International Coach
JP found new life ... again.

Up there with the best he has ever struck it.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
So far Mulder hasn't done anything in this series to suggest that he's better than or even at par with Phehlukwayo.