• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Zimbabwe

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he's no where near this squad, and if he was 5 times better im pretty sure he'd be in the current team playing...
Wait.. what? Faith in the Zimbabwean selectors to pick the right team? That's a new one!

And for the record, I don't see Kamungozi in the squad either - so there goes that theory anyway.

Cremer isn't pick for a few reasons:
1. He's gone overseas to play cricket a few times recently - he could well have been "disciplined" for such.
2. He's not very accurate at this stage, so he'd be a bit of a liability in one day cricket. Kamungozi can get the ball on the spot reasonably regularly, but he doesn't turn the ball at all, has no variation in flight and posesses only an off-break as a variation to his bowling at all. The better bet in one day games in selectors eyes possibly, but not the better bowler overall by a long shot.

Kamungozi is not one to get excited about - in fact he's a very good example of how bad the team is at the moment. There's a few talented players about (Sibanda, Taylor, Taibu, Chigumbura, Rainsford to some degree and Utseya) but the other players picked to fill up the eleven on any game are passengers amongst of team of fringe players.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wait, it gets better!

Further investigation on my behalf shows that Cremer actually is in the squad, while Kamungozi is not.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Apologies for my poor judgement, i was looking at a wrongly written list. Cremer is in the squad and kamungozi isnt, but each to our own views of who should be tehre and who shouldnt.

Good game today, looking forward to harare which i hope to attend.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Apologies for my poor judgement, i was looking at a wrongly written list. Cremer is in the squad and kamungozi isnt, but each to our own views of who should be tehre and who shouldnt.

Have a great time mate!

Langeveldt

Soutie

Good to see a Zimbo on here.. I'm at the hotbed of Zimmy activity that is Rhodes university.. Looking for this stuff on DSTV.. Is it on Supersport?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Random but it's about a South African player so I'll chuck it here for now. :p

I was looking at Justin Ontong's cricinfo profile for reasons I can't even remember anymore, and I noticed they still had him listed as an offspinner. Now, last I saw of him, he had become a leg spinner (of the very dire, even worse than Jacques Rudolph variety) - just out of curiosity, has he given that up and gone back to off spin or are cricinfo about three years slow?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Random but it's about a South African player so I'll chuck it here for now. :p

I was looking at Justin Ontong's cricinfo profile for reasons I can't even remember anymore, and I noticed they still had him listed as an offspinner. Now, last I saw of him, he had become a leg spinner (of the very dire, even worse than Jacques Rudolph variety) - just out of curiosity, has he given that up and gone back to off spin or are cricinfo about three years slow?
AFAIK he is an Offie.. He's diabolical as well...

Zimdan

yeah langeveldt it is on Supersport, did you manage to find an online stream for it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Zimdan, just a friendly warning, links to illegal streams or any discussion relating to illegal streams at all is prohibited here. The same goes for streams which are legal in some countries but not in others. I find it highly unlikely that you'll actually find a completely legal stream, so it's best to not link to them at all. :p

Not having a go at you, just to be clear - just letting you know the rules.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It seems as though no one can get Utseya away tbh...his economy rate is astonishing tbh in this day and age, any reason as to why as I've only occasionally seen him nowl

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It seems as though no one can get Utseya away tbh...his economy rate is astonishing tbh in this day and age, any reason as to why as I've only occasionally seen him nowl
Basically, he's a good bowler. Great control, good variation in flight - doesn't get huge turn, but he'd turn it enough if there was something in the pitch for him. The thing is, rarely do batsmen actually have to go after him, given Zimbabwe lose basically every game they play, and all the other bowlers generally get absolutely smashed. The batsmen just play him out, milk him for a few singles, and then hit the other bowlers - which explains both his high average and his low economy rate. If he played for a better side, I think he'd average 35ish and have an economy rate of about 4.5. I still think he'd average 40+ in test cricket though.

Zimdan

Zimdan, just a friendly warning, links to illegal streams or any discussion relating to illegal streams at all is prohibited here. The same goes for streams which are legal in some countries but not in others. I find it highly unlikely that you'll actually find a completely legal stream, so it's best to not link to them at all. :p

Not having a go at you, just to be clear - just letting you know the rules.
I was refering to a legal stream, there are many sites that offer legal streams online. I watch them quite often as cable TV over here is shocking at the best of times, and when its good our power is turned off haha.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I was refering to a legal stream, there are many sites that offer legal streams online. I watch them quite often as cable TV over here is shocking at the best of times, and when its good our power is turned off haha.
How are the blackouts at the moment? I heard Harare was putting up with four hours of electricity a day.. Do you have a generator?

Zimdan

Well right now im in Kwekwe and we do have blackouts, not as bad as the ones in Harare though.

I do have a generator, just incase it gets very bad.

Im quite lucky for that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It might be legal in Zimbabwe, but I doubt it'd be legal everywhere - especially in those countries which have PayTV channels showing the games.