• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Zimbabwe

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hehe, there is one stream site prince which is in conjunction with the ICC and the cricinfo website, now if that is somehow illegal anywhere in the world then so should the internet in that country.

You have a to pay a worthy price to see the game and it is all licenced through the TV provider who happens to be providing the feed of the game.

I am lucky enough to have Supersport to be able to watch the game, but unfortunatly the stream website i am talking about is not showing the series.

Zimdan

No idea, he pace is only about 75-80 which is more medium pace. Mupawira bowls about that but is more accurate so hence him getting in the squad before him.

What keeps both of them ou however is that Chigumbura bowls about the same as them, maybe a tad quicker to 85 and can bat. That makes the difference for selection.

Mpofu is Zimbabwe's best seamer right now after the departure of Ireland, who i thought wasnt that good anyway. Brent was never a first change bowler but his swing prowess has enabled him to take the new ball without too many problems.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Well right now im in Kwekwe and we do have blackouts, not as bad as the ones in Harare though.

I do have a generator, just incase it gets very bad.

Im quite lucky for that.
Does it run on petrol? Not that much better then. Petrol being scarce there, too.

Zimdan

Your right, but ive never had to use it.

I get sent petrol coupons though so the petrol shortage doesnt apply to me as coupon holders get 1st use.

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
Jacques Kallis should be in there, tbh. Although it is time for the expererienced cricketers to let some younger ones play a litte bit.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jacques Kallis should be in there, tbh. Although it is time for the expererienced cricketers to let some younger ones play a litte bit.
Why should Kallis be playing? I'd much rather be seeing younger players in almost meaningless tours like this.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Gibbs should be back for tomorrow's game, he missed out on Wednesday game with a slight leg niggle but he should be fit to replace JP. Bodi will remain at three, although, hopefully he has learned to play the sweep a lit bit better this time, didn't look much against the Zim spinners. Bowling line up is apparently going to be unchanged.

Chubb

International Regular
This team has the best batting line-up Zim can put out right now, Vusi, Ham, Brendan, Tatenda, Sean, Stuart and Elton- should really be capable of making 250+. The last match was a respectable performance, so hopefully they can keep it going today. I think having Tatenda back gives them a bit of a lift. Bowling might be too weak to mount a defence though.

Last edited:

Zimdan

Taibu hitting sixes for fun here, Zimbabwe currently 77/2 after 21overs.

Just wish i was able be there today. Transport problems are pretty typical here.

James

Cricket Web Owner
100-2 now, going along quite nicely it seems.

How many people in general are heading along to these matches Zimdan?

Zimdan

Hardly anyone mate, its awful to see teams like SA touring zimbabwe and maybe only 1000 (not 100 like i said before my edit haha) people turning out

Its so cheap to get in but people here just dont have any spare money.

Zim now 135/3 after 31.

Much more like it.

Perm

138/3 after 32 overs. Very good stuff from Zimbabwe here, against a decent bowling attack consisting of Pollock, Ntini and Steyn. Great cameo by Tatenda Taibu, let's hope Brendan Taylor can go on to make a decent score.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa keep insisting on their desire to develop a spinner, yet wouldn’t help if they actually played one? The wickets are supposedly made for the slow bowlers yet they have chosen an all-out pace attack. :wacko:

Unless this is an all too clever scheme on letting Zim score a total which will at least take the batsman more than fifteen overs to knock down, this is poor cricket from the South Africans.

Zimdan

Did anyone see Bosman's collision?
Yes it was horrible, he dived head first into the metal boundry fence and hit his shoulder on the ground. He's in hospital getting it checked out as we speak.

SA will only, be able to have 10 batters now.

Perm

Yes it was horrible, he dived head first into the metal boundry fence and hit his shoulder on the ground. He's in hospital getting it checked out as we speak.

SA will only, be able to have 10 batters now.
Not that Bosman would contribute too many anyway. Unfortunate incident by all accounts, I hope he is okay. I suppose it vindicates the choice of groudsmen bringing in the ropes so as to avoid these types of collisions.

Zimdan

Yes he was, he wasnt moving which is why the commentators were thinking he had a slight concussion.

Once they say what is happening i shall relay it for you all.