• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Zimbabwe

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Africa keep insisting on their desire to develop a spinner, yet wouldn’t help if they actually played one? The wickets are supposedly made for the slow bowlers yet they have chosen an all-out pace attack. :wacko:
Indeed, there is much talk about young Thandi whatever the hell his last name is. I thought they would be keen to play him at every chance.

Zimdan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Not that Bosman would contribute too many anyway. Unfortunate incident by all accounts, I hope he is okay. I suppose it vindicates the choice of groudsmen bringing in the ropes so as to avoid these types of collisions.
Thats the thing, the rope is quite far from the fence but Bosman, probably trying to make up for his howler drop against Sibanda didnt notice himself walking over the rope and thought he was still in play and dived asif you would if you were in play and smashed right into the fence.

Kinda funny if you watched it, but he did look pretty hurt.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Does sound and will probably look comical, but still not cool. SA down to ten batsmen...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Love Sean Williams. Top fifty. Easily one of my favourite players, should be handy with his left-arm twirlers on this deck as well. Really hope Zimbabwe can win this.

Zimdan

Williams wont bowl im 90% sure because of his recent back injury.

Zim have good enough resverve spinners to cope with that.

Perm

Bloody good effort from Zimbabwe, let's see what the South African top order can do.

Zimdan

Our batting is so much better than our bowling unfortunatly.

We have given ourselves a chance for once which is good, especially with the new ICC president watching this series.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How come de Villiers was keeping for SA today?
No Boucher.

Anyhow the chase was as expected a complete stroll in the park, with Gibbs scoring his 17th ODI century. Although, Smith once again misses out on three figures but if South Africa decide to bat first tomorrow, 400 will be on.

Last edited:

Perm

Good effort by Smith and Gibbs up top, to be expected really. Smith unlucky to miss out on three figures while JP Duminy took South Africa home with ease.

Agree with TT Boy, South Africa should look to bat first in the 3rd ODI.

Zimdan

THey played very well but our bowlers are just not up to scratch.

The batting lineup is fine, and always will be because zimbabwe have this knack of only finding decent batsmen, not bowlers.

To be a top team we need both, spinners we are ok for, its pace that we lack.

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Maybe someone with a better knowledge of the South African team can tell me, but other than Smith, Bodi and de Villiers, is the rest of SA's line up all-rounders and bowlers?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No JP Duminy is a 'real' batsman. Bodi use to be an all-rounder but he primarily just bats now.

In regard to this game South Africa have made a pigs ear out of the last ten, 350 should have been the minimum given the platform.

Perm

Great South African batting effort up top, ruined by the lack of contribution from the lower order though. Albie Morkel unlucky to miss out on a century.

Zimdan

They just gave their wickets away with silly shots to genuinely good balls. I dont think they gave enough respect to the zimbabwean death bowling.

To be honest from 2 down to 9 in the space of about 7 overs really isnt wrothy of a team ranked 2nd in the world against the team ranked 11.