• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in West Indies

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Decent opening day for WI, spinners certainly getting some assistance, and if they continue to bowl in the right areas should end with decent figures. First innings totals going to be crucial.

Thought Pietersen looked decent enough at the top, was comfortable driving, played most things under his eyes and was patient outside off stump, let the bowlers come to him, very much in the style of Neil McKenzie.

Kallis will indeed be a huge wicket at the start of day 2, weather permitting!!
And gone to Shillingford.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What sort of speeds was Pascal getting? I had only 5 minutes to watch whilst I was getting ready for work.
Just BTW, all speeds from every ball available on the cricinfo commentary and hawkeye feature.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Disappointed that we didn't take out the tail quickly once we got rid of Devilliers and Prince in a short space of time, Boucher really did step up for them today, i guess that's where Roach and Taylor's absence was felt the most, i think those two would have taken out the tail without much problems, Shilly and Benn were stars though, i knew the spinners would do damage but they really did look class, i think Shilly could easily be our version of Swann, he had a great debut,

Now it's up to the batters to step up, Gayle especially, if he hangs around for a long spell then anything can happen.

akilana

International 12th Man
Why JP has to come good is because of the spin he provides. He along with Harris could be a handful on this wicket.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Why JP has to come good is because of the spin he provides. He along with Harris could be a handful on this wicket.
I don't think their as good as our two spinners tbh, and the commentators were saying that the wicket wasn't turning that much in the last session.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Ranking and stats say otherwise.
I'm sure Monty's "stats" could match up to Harris's too but ON CURRENT FORM that would be futile wouldn't it? :unsure:

Benn= 4fer vs England- 5fer vs Australia and 5fer vs South Africa, the man is on fire!!, and if you saw Shilly play in the last two days you wouldn't compare JP to him!!, Shilly's on a different level!! :laugh: .