• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

Meridio

International Regular
Been very impressed by Maharaj. Other than one yesterday, I don't think he's spun a ball - but he's mixed up his flight and pace well while maintaining accuracy, and looked more threatening than any other spinner I can recall in recent years in NZ.

Xix2565

International Debutant
You can see New Zealand were recently rolled out for 60 against spin. Really struggling here.
Tbf Siraj got rid of the top 3 before the spinners came.

Glad the big man got his 100, didn't think anyone would really for NZ and I wonder how much the tail will hang on with him.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Odds on Elgar starting with Rabada and Jansen after lunch?
Great session for New Zealand. South Africa now need to bat well to win which is a concern.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Last 5 years:

Southee 450 runs, average 15.51, 2 50s
Wagner 392 runs, average 16.33, 1 50
Boult 232 runs, average 17.84
Henry 94 runs, average 23.5, 1 50
Jamieson 339 runs, average 24.21, 1 50

Southee really should be 11

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Really stoked for CdG on reaching the century, international cricket is less fun without him. Gets underestimated a lot - can remember a friend insisting that he was a weak link for NZ in the 2019 WC and they needed to drop him for Sodhi in the final to have even a sniff against England. Answered the “drop CdG” refrain nicely again today.

Frost

U19 Debutant
Gdg does this, I can remember a few odi were he got nz out of trouble. Hopefully he does it with the ball to. Nz run rate is very good despite the loss if wickets, saf really should of scored quicker. if they don't wrap this up soon pressure will go on their batsmen

ashley bach

International Captain
it's true that dropping CDG is obvious.
while he's been a really good player for the black caps over many years now, his time is done.
apart from his magnificent 40 odd the other day, he hasn't taken a trick with the bat in the last 3 years over all formats.
he doesn't bowl enough to warrant selection there, so what's his worth if he can't score runs?
prepared to have egg splattered over my face if he gets a ton, but that hasn't looked close to likely for well over 1000 days now.
maybe at very least he could go to England as backup for other players getting injured over the 3 test series.
it's also really obvious Henry should bat at 9, but for political batting reasons, that probably won't happen.
had no doubts whatsoever he was due for a ton:)
well done CDG couldn't have chosen a better time for it.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Continue to play the ball on it's merits, Wagner and Henry can both hold a bat, no need to play like headless chooks.